Chapala.com Webboard

New Lakeside Hospital

michael2595

10 hours ago, Dr.Santiago said:

30,000 meters is approx. 98425.197 feet. 

KEEP POSTED only 2 or 3 more weeks until the BIG NEWS (including all the juicy details) BREAKS!

mmm  30,000 sq m is 322,917 sq feet

23 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

Healthcare is actually not very complicated. Who gets it, at what cost, and who pays the bills is what gets complicated.

Actually, if you talk with someone who has stage three cancer and hear about their primary oncologist, surgical oncologist, radiation oncologist, and the consulting oncologists who all have differing opinions on some aspects of care and your friend is trying to decide which plan will give her the most time with the least suffering it is not as simple as you seem to think.

2 hours ago, Xena said:

Actually, if you talk with someone who has stage three cancer and hear about their primary oncologist, surgical oncologist, radiation oncologist, and the consulting oncologists who all have differing opinions on some aspects of care and your friend is trying to decide which plan will give her the most time with the least suffering it is not as simple as you seem to think.

Yes, agree with that. I think you know what I meant about healthcare in general. But aside from the technical aspects you pointed out the complicating factors in your example are

How is it decided who, with stage 3 cancer, even gets to see all those oncologists? Who pays? How much do the docs get paid? Who or how is it decided where the scarce resources are used? Is it money, lottery, who you know, or any other method you can think of. That's where it REALLY gets complicated in the macro rather than the micro.

37 minutes ago, mkshawn said:

Actually both are correct:

30,000 meters is approx. 98425.197 feet. as in length or a distance Not applicable here

30,000 sq m is 322,917 sq feet as in area

He first posted "30,000 square meters", an area, and corrected me using "30,000 meters", a linear measurement.

I would think he would correct his error and not my comment.

Archived