Chapala.com Webboard

New Pizza Place at 16 de Sept. and Donato Guerra in Ajijic

Bisbee Gal

3 hours ago, Ian Greenwood said:

A previous post asked why they left Perrys...I certainly wouldn't post a rumor,especially under my real name...but if it makes you feel better...call it a rumor.

Ian, please tell us whether you saw the event yourself or if it was relayed to you by Perry. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, El Saltos said:

Ian is not a stranger.

He is a stranger to me and to many, many people here. I will not automatically believe a story he tells, especially not a story that appears to be part of making life more difficult for a new business. 

47 minutes ago, El Saltos said:

Ian is well known and respected in the community which is larger than just this board.

That may be true, and I in fact do know of him and his cooking classes, but you can't assume that the same holds true for this board. This board holds only a picayune representation of the local community, and since some members have already posted they don't know him, that should be enough.

16 minutes ago, Xena said:

He is a stranger to me and to many, many people here. I will not automatically believe a story he tells, especially not a story that appears to be part of making life more difficult for a new business. 

He is a stranger to me, too, and unless he witnessed the slap himself, it's  an unverified report from another party.

The thing is, Ian's post says one cook at Perry's got fired for slapping a waitress and the other left in sympathy. Sympathy for the guy who slapped a woman? And that slapper is either M or J, the subjects of this thread? We don't know, as the cooks aren't identified in Ian's post. We're  left to assume or guess. I'll try this new pizza place probably,  but I'll be wary that there's a slapper in the house. And I'm not being funny.

Lexy

53 minutes ago, Lexy said:

The thing is, Ian's post says one cook at Perry's got fired for slapping a waitress and the other left in sympathy. Sympathy for the guy who slapped a woman? And that slapper is either M or J, the subjects of this thread? We don't know, as the cooks aren't identified in Ian's post. We're  left to assume or guess. I'll try this new pizza place probably,  but I'll be wary that there's a slapper in the house. And I'm not being funny.

Lexy

"but I'll be wary that there's a slapper "

So you are assuming that this unverified account by a person who so far has not claimed to be a witness is the truth?

At this point, I am beginning to assume this was an attempt to damage the reputation of the owners of the new business.  If there was an eyewitness to the event, will he or she please step up and say so?

I have been in the restaurant business for over fifty years..living and teaching lakeside for the last seven and as such have nothing but support for young would be restauranters having had many restaurants myself. However I cannot condone physical or mental abuse on young people in our industry especially women. I stand by my original post and my source is impeccable..

I overheard PERRY talking to some friend and he said he was upset that these 2 just quit on him.  Nothing else, if the slapping had occurred he would he said so and said he fired them.  Not the case

just enjoy the pizza at whatever location you chose.  In the end you decide where to go, not what people do otherwise this would go on and on about every business

enjoy your retirement

Archived