Chapala.com Webboard

Can propane tanks be painted?

Al Berca

Update: My new tank (180 litre) was installed on Saturday. They also hauled the old one (300 litres) away. It was located in a corner of my front courtyard but, even empty, weighed 100 kg.

Total cost from JP Home Services was 250 pesos. And, I got the new tank filled before the price increase in January... bonus!

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

Update: My new tank (180 litre) was installed on Saturday. They also hauled the old one (300 litres) away. It was located in a corner of my front courtyard but, even empty, weighed 100 kg.

Total cost from JP Home Services was 250 pesos. And, I got the new tank filled before the price increase in January... bonus!

They installed new and hauled away old for 250? Such a deal!

Contact info for JP Home Services, please. I have an empty 300 sitting on the roof that nobody wants to tackle removing it and will be replacing more older 300 liters on rentals. Thanks.

Juan Pablo's cell number is 333-968-2938. If he doesn't answer, he will get back to you. Please be aware that it will cost more to remove if it's on the roof. These tanks are very very heavy even when empty. Contacting him and getting an estimate would be wise so there are no surprises.

I replaced a 20 year old 1,000 liter tank in Guayabitos. It was too old to use again and unbelievably heavy. I found the guy that works the area looking for scrap metal. He picked it up for nothing. A couple of guys in a beat up truck and a manual winch were enough to get the beast off the ground and away to destinations unknown. I'm surprised the truck didn't break an axle.

I've already sanded and repainted the "new" 300 liter tank twice in 4 years due to the sand and salt that pits everything metal near the ocean.

Archived