Chapala.com Webboard

RequestingReviews on Jetomate next to Ancla

sm1mex

20170922_145218-1.thumb.jpg.536b1fccb509e3977f94e0f5d7aca724.jpgHeidi and I just came from Jitomates....excellent. One of their specials was fettucine with Italian sausage. Gerard makes his own pasta and we both loved it. He told me that he only makes enough pasta daily for about 10 orders so it's always fresh He even had Duck on special today. We'll be returning soooon!

Jetomate on Pizza....... they start of with an interesting sourdough crust, highly enjoyable.   Then they ruin it by putting large clumps of tomato sauce on top.  They have a green sauce but the similarity with chimichuri ends because this rather pungent odor concoction leaves an unpleasant aftertaste.   Price of Pizza was 180 pesos for about 1/2 to  3/4 of the size of Valencia's.   Valencia, when it's on it's, far surpassing Jetomate's.   Unfortunately Valencia is not consistent.  Staff here at Jetomate was very pleasant and we would go back to try the fettucine Rick describes.  Not really a fan of trucks passing by spuming diesel odors.

Wow. I liked the one I had today. Nice crust, FRESH tomato sauce was delicious and lightly distributed, mozzaela was good quality, etc. Adorn it however you like. Gerard also mentioned he had home-made fig ice cream. Nice! 

That's two of the new pizza places tried by me in the last few days. I liked them both, but no more pizza for me for a while. *burpito* B)

Archived