Chapala.com Webboard

Lawyer referral and fee question

kimanjome

2 easy questions--

1)  I am in the USA right now, in Florida, and have been trying to get an appointment for my Temporal Visa and a manaje de casa. I have all the paperwork complete, photos, and boxed inventory. What I cannot seem to do is get an appointment in Orlando, despite my email requests every day: no response. Is there a Lakeside attorney who can, for a fee, get an appointment for me? Or, for that matter, to any Mexican consulate that can handle the processing expeditiously? I can fly there, if need be. Right now I am sitting here surrounded by boxes and reafy to hit the road.

2)  In Ajijic this past February I met a couple who were using a Lakeside attorney to gwt their Temporal Visas. The cost for the attorney's services was $1500 usd. That seems incredibly high to me! especially since the paperwork and process is pretty straightforward.  

My office can try to help you get the appointment but sometimes the consulate wants to talk to you personally.

We can also help with the second half.  $1,500US for 2 people is crazy, we charge around half that and that includes the government fees

I will send you a PM with the direct email address of the young man in Orlando Consulate who helped us.  He was very easy to deal with,  we emailed him several times and sent him scanned documents, to make sure we didn't waste our time driving to Orlando (2 hours each way from our home in Gulfport).  

After we were all certain of what was needed, we made the appointment and were in and out in an hour.  

When we got to Ajijic, we had Spencer handle it with INM locally.  

Archived