Chapala.com Webboard

Paying TelMex bills at Oxxo

This month's bill shows that I finally got hit with the over-reaching "opt out" insurance scam. I am quite ticked that it is now my responsibility to go to TelMex in Ajijic, take a ticket number, and have to sit there and wait until an "agent" is available... just to avoid overpaying, and paying for something I don't want. In Ontario, when a cable TV company did this, a law was enacted to prevent this kind of BS, and the company was fined.

I wonder: has anyone paid a bill at Oxxo, other than the amount shown on the bill? I would like to pay my phone bill, but not include the scam fee, until such time as I feel I have a free moment to waste at the main office to get it removed.

Understand your frustration. Its wrong.

I had something call Blim being suddenly debited fron my credit card. No idea what is was. Never signed up for it.apparently its for televisa channel.

Bank refunding the money. 

To answer your question, no ,oxxo can only accept the full amount on your bill. A trip to telmex called for.

Last month I went to Telmex to have the 49.50 pesos insurance charge removed from my bill.  It was the first time it had appeared.  The rep fooled around on his computer then said it was removed.  He then wrote the corrected amount to pay on the bill, which I did at the cashier.  Last week I went to pat this month's bill at the machine as the bill had not arrived yet.  I also wanted to paynseveral months ahead as I will be traveling.  When I entered my telephone number to access my account it showed that I had a 49.50 pesos outstanding balance.  I don't want a single peso of what I paid ahead to go to this insurance scam, so tomorrow I'll have to go back to Telmex again (not today as it's tianguis.). 

Why hasn't the government put a stop to this scam?  Does anybody even km w what this supposed insurance covers?  

I do recall a couple of people on this board saying that, when they went in to remove the payment, they were told that "it might not be permanent" and "it might come back". Corruption at its most basic.

If you pay the Telmex bill online you can choose the amount less the bogus charge. I did that for 4 months until I had time to take a number and wait to talk to the agent. No service interruption as the monthly Inbursa charges accumulated.

Archived