Chapala.com Webboard

artsnob

For those who are members of ASA and are not able to get onto the ASA site, please bring up the subject at the next ASA meeting, which is on September 4th at 10 am at the la Bodega Restaurant on 16 de Septiembre in Ajiic.  Someone will help you. ( I have already sent "Artsnob" those directions.)  Coffee is served from 9:30 on.

For everyone :  The next ASA show will be at the Ajijic Cultural Center beginning Sunday, September 17th.  Intake will be from 9-11 on the same day because of many activities taking place on the plaza on Sept. 16th. 

The theme is "Shades of Blue" and 2 pieces may be entered. (Only current members may enter.)  There will be awards for the work best representing the theme in the opinion of the judges.   The opening will be from 4-6 on September 17th.  It will run for several weeks, but I don't know the ending date.  I'm sure that the next meeting will provide all that information.

All are welcome to come to the meeting: artists, art lovers and anyone interested.  No charge to visit.  There will be a short business meeting followed by an artist demonstration.:)

3 hours ago, johanson said:

What is the ASA web?  I suppose I could post that I am no longer on the Lyngsat web, bu I wont :)

ASA  is the initials for the Ajijic Society of the Arts, founded many years ago as a social and activitiy group, with over 150 members.  They meet once a month and have exhibits at the Ajijic Cultural Center along with Plaza shows and social activities.  They have a Yahoo group site for announcements and member input.  Anyone who is a member and who has a Yahoo identity can easily access the site.  Anyone having trouble doing so can get help. As in all things, anyone can amuse themselves with a little trolling along. ;)

1 hour ago, johanson said:

I feel kind of dumb. If I had read all of the posts rather than just the last one where someone said he was no longer on the ASA web. I would not have had to ask such a dumb question. Sorry.

Don't feel dumb.  Methinks we had a little trolling going on, but I don't mind taking the opportunity to tell any interested art loving newbies about the group.  Not only does ASA benefit its members, but it makes a major financial contribution to the LCS Childrens Art Program every year.  This is open to all area children free of charge and the classes are taught by established area artists.  It's a worthy cause,  and even if it's just playtime for some of the kids, there are also some amazing young artists who started in that program.  Once a year, they have a sale on the grounds and it's a joy to see how pleased the kids are to sell their work to the public.

Archived