Chapala.com Webboard

Seguro Popular

Kyle

If you are under 60 maybe, I don't know. If over 60, in Jalisco at least, no fees for the next three years. Seguro Popular is trying to roll in a lot of Mexican seniors who currently have limited coverage under a previous program. That program only covered  25 items. Seguro Popular is up to at least 283 items now, with very low cost referrals for things they don't cover. Someone should run a Spanish/English teaching class, with an emphasis on medical needs.

I am 64 soon 65 and did not pay a fee. I had double hernia surgery in the small hospital outside of Jocotepec. I chose (endoscopic) sp. I had to pay extra for that and the mesh. Cost total 10,000 pesos. Treated excellent IV pain meds antibiotics nausea med and other stuff. All included. I have absolutely no  complaints. Treated excellent by staff and Nurses.  My last check up my Doctor ask if I was back at work I said yes but I am not lifting anything heavy the Doc said why not I did a great job. Walked out of the hospital in less than 24 hours.

Actually  enrollment in the Seguro Popular doesn´t have  free enrollment for 60 year olds and older.
When you first enrol in the Seguro Popular the social workers dept. ask you questions. These questions given the answers are what determine what your family fee will be. If it falls into class 1 to 4 they will give you a 3 year contract for no charge or fee.

If it falls between 5 to 10 they will give you a 1 year contract and charge you the scaled fee per year and re-evaluate your family´s  financial situation yearly. If at that time you then fall into class 1 to 4 you will get a 3 year contract with no fee. So the person asking the questions determines what fees, if any, will  be charged, and this will depend on the answers to the financial questionaire they will be asked when renewing their contract. If they had a 3 year contract then their answers previously when enrolling resulted in class 1 to 4. If they are renewing a 1 year contract their previous answers to the questionaire had them in class 5 to 10.

Renters and applicants with no vehicle do not pay an annual fee, etc..

About only 2% of the 54,000,000 members of the Seguro Popular pay an annual fee for their family.

Google Translation:

" SEGURO POPULAR  REQUIREMENTS AND HOW TO GET PROCESSED FOR SEGURO POPULAR 

The requirements for Seguro Popular that must be met to be part of the Seguro Popular insurance are:

To reside in the national territory. [ Includes Residente Temporales and Residente Permanentes ]

Not be a person entitled to any institution that provides social security such as ISSSTE or IMSS among others.

Cover family dues/fees when appropriate.

The important thing is not how much the Seguro Popular insurance costs but the documents that are needed to affiliate to the Seguro Popular insurance that are:

Proof of address of no more than two months old

Birth certificate or CURP of each member of the family

Official identification with photograph ID of the person head of the family

If the interested person is a student of 18 to 25 years of age, a record of studies must be presented.

To process the Seguro Popular insurance for pregnant women must carry a proof of the diagnosis of pregnancy.

Some people who want to join the Seguro Popular are already part of another program to combat extreme poverty, if this is the case, they must present the beneficiary's folio number.

If the person interested in joining does not submit all the complete documentation or does not meet the requirements, he can join temporarily for 90 days, this way he has that time to present the missing documentation, and if the application is not completed the application It will not be served the way it corresponds.

If you are a person who is interested in joining the Seguro Popular insurance and meets the above requirements it is best that you attend the different membership modules that exist.

Family Fees

In compliance with what is established in paragraph 6 of Chapter V of the Guidelines for the affiliation, operation and integration of the national registry of beneficiaries and determination of the family quota of the Social Protection System in Health, the family quotas of the System are disclosed Of Protection in Health, to be as follows:

Decile of income

Annual Family Fee in pesos

1, 2, 3, 4

$ 0.00

$ 2,074.97

$ 2,833.56

$ 3,647.93

$ 5,650.38

$ 7,518.97

$ 11,378.86

I realize it varies but in San Miguel if one is a TR or PR and not a citizen you are at least at Decil 5 and you pay. The lowest payment for a visa holding client is ~1100 pesos and sometimes ~1500 pesos per person. When one pays at least here, your enrollment is only for 1 year. For those who do not pay, coverage is for 3 years. Two people with exactly same answers but with one being say 65 and the other 58; the 58 year-old will pay a little more. And two people with same answers .. renting, no car, etc, but one being a citizen and one a visa holder, the citizen will not pay and the visa holder will. At least in GTO state, the computer system will always generate a payment for a visa holder but as noted the actual cost is very low and always a fraction of IMSS. Also, IMSS has almost no coverage in the first year and excludes those with pre-existing conditions. 

In the past no one paid and this change started a few months ago. I have signed up at least 2000 people and I also represent SP at seminars. 

At lakeside it may be different.

Archived