Chapala.com Webboard

Mercadolibre

georgey0

Hi there, has anyone here order from mercadolibre and is there  problem?  Im not located in chapala but another part of mexico.

I tried to order a product on mercadolibre and then put in address and then pay with OXXO.  There is a DHL office here so i put that location as address because there are no mailboxes where im located at.  When i put in my details, it sends me to a page that says pay XXX at OXXO and give them the code.  Above it says mercadolibre.  But the actual website of that page says mercadopago.

When i went to oxxo and showed them the 16 digit code and the amount that im paying... the product is over 500 pesos, they ask me what is this payment for.  They clicked on mercadolibre and then entered the 16 digit code.  But then they told me that 16 digit code is not valid.  Then i go to another oxxo.  They ask me if its for mercadolibre but i said im not sure because i do not know.  They tried it and i thought it worked because i gave them the money.  Then when they gave me the receipt, they told me the payment did not go through and paid me back my money.  I then go back to oxxo again and i mentioned this is the bank account debit card that i want to pay to.  They clicked on something else on the computer and i thought it was going to work.  But it said in spanish not valid or somethig like that.  I dont understand spanish but they pretty much said that is not valid.

I then went and contacted seller about this and they told me if i have problem with bank, i can pay another method.  The thing is i choose oxxo deposit, so not sure why they mention bank.  They said i needed to first make instruction to make payment first and that is what confuses me.  I ask the seller... when i go to oxxo, what am i suppose to say when i go and i show them the 16 digit code and the money amount im paying... but they seem confused a bit.

Can someone who used mercado libre to pay for an item with OXXO... how do you make payment?  I thought im suppose to just bring that code with me... then they type it in and then i pay it etc.  Because when i pay electricity bill, i would bring the bill and then the money, then the person at oxxo would click on electricity bill on computer and then i make payment.  But what about this?  They dont seem to be sure what im paying?  Is it mercadoPAGO?  The seller said i could ask a friend who know spanish to go with me to help pay it but that isn't my problem.  Because they will ask him hey what are you paying for etc.  So right now i cannot even pay for the item because i do not know how to pay for it at oxxo.  Is there a chance that the 16 digit account number is not valid or something like that?  I dont think thats the case.  Im from the us so when i used ebay/amazon and buy item when in usa its very easy.  Here in mexico, im confused how do i buy an item on mercado libre.  I thought... okay buy item... fill out address and payment option of oxxo... then go to oxxo... show them the  16 digit code or bank account number... pay... and thats all.

Can any mercado libre experts here answer my question?  I assume if you use debit card, then you dont have these issues etc?  However i do not use one.  I rather pay cash at oxxo as that is simplest way to do it.

I've never had a problem paying and getting a product from them. Send a message to the vendor and see if the vendor can straighten it out. 

Ask DHL if DHL can fix it. 

I usually pay online. Can you pay with Paypal or a bank account? That is the easiest.

Hi there.  They do not accept paypal.  I wanted to use oxxo because that is the easiest way as i would just go to oxxo and deposit the cash just like if i were to pay my electricity bill.  

This isn't DHL problem.  I have not paid for the item yet because i do not know how to pay for it at oxxo.  Im sure when the payment is made, they will send the package to the dhl office without a problem.

My problem is... how do i make this payment at oxxo?  I have the 16 digit code etc.

The seller replied back to me many times.  He said to follow the instructions on mercadopago if i have issues.  Well mercadopago is the page where it shows the amount of money i have to pay and a 16 digit account number i have to pay to.  But when i bring this code to oxxo and say i want to pay to this 16 digit code, they do not know who im paying etc.

I too have never had a problem with Mercadolibre.  In fact, I just received something from them yesterday.  I am not sure why you put in the DHL address.  You should make sure you have your own address shown in your profile. You can then just order the item, mark that you will pay for at OXXO and then get the code and go to OXXO and it should be okay.  As long as Mercadolibre has your address, they should send by whichever courier is closest to your address.  Perhaps that is why you had problems, because you put in the DHL address and not your own.  I hope this helps.  Good luck.

Hi there.  When i created an account, i put my name and email address.  They did not ask for my address.  My address does not even have a mailbox so that doesn't matter because there are no mailboxes here.  Anyone that orders items ship to here have it sent to dhl or ups or another mail office etc.  So right now, my problem has nothing to do with DHL.

My problem is after i put in the address that i want to send it to... the dhl office here... and then clicked on i want to pay at oxxo, the next page shows the payment amount i have to pay and the 16 digit code or account number that i have to pay it to.  So i thought okay go to oxxo, show them the 16 digit code, then they should know what this is for and then i pay them.  But they do not know what it is for.  They say is it mercadolibre etc.. i said yes but when they enter that 16 digit code in, they have error.  Then i said the bank account debit card.  But that does not work either.

I ordered the item already because i got an email with an invoice.  The page shows a 16 digit number and says pay 500 peso at oxxo with this code.  Above it to the left shows mercadolibre.  But the website of this page says mercadoPAGO.  So are you telling me i did not MARK THAT I WILL PAY AT OXXO?  The thing is i already have that 16 digit code.  Is that 16 digit code the code to pay for it?  Because i have the code already.  That is what is confusing me.  How do you MARK that you will pay at oxxo?  I checked oxxo payment as the method i choose to pay when at checkout when filling it out.  Then after i did that and put the dhl address, i go to page where it says pay 5xx peso at oxxo and only give them the code... and that is it.  So that is why im confused here.  But most importantly when i bring this code to oxxo, what am i suppose to say this 16 digit code is for?  Because let say i go and pay my electricity bill at oxxo.  I go there with my bill so they know what that is.  But when i give them a 16 digit code... i actually took a picture of it with my phone and showed it to them like that... they dont seem to know what payment im making.  Does that make sense?  

So this has nothing to do with the address.

If you would have gone to a bank ATM and withdrew the pesos and then paid at OXXO you would have done what I do with no problem. You are paying Mercadopago and they are insured, or sort of, and can refund the payment if the ítem doesn´t arrive. In MercadoLibre with Mercadopago with the OXXO option gives you a 48 hour PDF you print out and that form has a barcode OXXO scans to retreive the payment information already in their system. If you waited more than 48 or maybe 72 hours, I forget exactly, it will expire and not go through. Giving them the 16 digit code without the PDF printed out form with the barcode might be your problem.

Hi there.  I already have the cash on hand with me.  Im bringing the cash with me to oxxo to pay.  I dont need to go to the bank atm to withdraw the money.

I did not know im paying with mercadopago.  I picked payment with oxxo so i did not know this is mercadopago.

Where is the PDF to print out?  I do not see it.  Is it that page that has the 16 digit code or not?  Because looking at the page from my computer, there is no barcode at all.

That's all you need to take to OXXO along with cash.  Address shouldn't be an issue, but obviously you need to tell DHL there will be a delivery for you.  I use HandyMail's (private  mail box) address for all my deliveries from Mercadolibre.  

The page I get to take to OXXO shows the 16 digit code in a series of boxes and it's clear to the cashier at OXXO that it is for a Mercadolibre purchase.  

Hi there.  Yes that is exactly the page that im talking about with the series of boxes and its a mercadolibre purchase.  The website of the pages shows mercadopago.com.mx right?

Yes that is what i brought there... i took picture of that page on my phone and showed it to them.  They entered the code and got error.  I then went to another oxxo and they at first said it works when they enter mercadolibre.  But after i paid them, they looked at the receipt and told me it did not go through and gave me back my money etc.

They said it was not valid etc.  

barcelonaman, i went to oxxo a third time and told them its for the bank account debit card.  They entered the information and i thought it would go through.  But then it showed a message that said not valid or something like that.

So basically its not mercadolibre and not debit card card payment.  So unless the seller gave me the wrong account number to send to which i doubt, then i do not know why im having this issue.

18 minutes ago, georgey0 said:

On the page with the 16 digit code it says this

Paga $ 571.00 en la tienda OXXO más cercana Díctale este código al cajero y listo.

XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

MercadoLibre - Donde compras y vendes de todo

Ayuda

Paga $ 4,489.00 en la tienda OXXO más cercana

Díctale este código al cajero y listo.

Acreditación inmediata.

Concepto

Compraste

Motorola Moto G4 Plus Dualsim 5.5pg 16+5mp 32+2ram Negro

$ 4,489.00

(No incluye la comisión por operación de OXXO)

Ver mapa de tiendas

Imprimir

Copyright © 1999-2017 MercadoLibre S.R.L. Términos y condiciones Políticas de privacidad Ayuda

You go to the bottom of the page you are on select "Imprimir" and it will print out the form exactly like I always do with no problems.

20 minutes ago, georgey0 said:

barcelonaman, i went to oxxo a third time and told them its for the bank account debit card.  They entered the information and i thought it would go through.  But then it showed a message that said not valid or something like that.

So basically its not mercadolibre and not debit card card payment.  So unless the seller gave me the wrong account number to send to which i doubt, then i do not know why im having this issue.

Are you using a debit card from a US or a MXN bank?   Mercadolibre and its payment portal Mercadopago will only accept MXN bank cards.  

21 minutes ago, georgey0 said:

What do you mean by this??

5 minutes ago, georgey0 said:

Hi there.  When i click on imprimir, it does show what you are showing above.  However, why do i need to print this?  There is no barcode there.

I took a picture of this and brought it to OXXO and it did not work...

I think what has happened is MercadoLibre isn´t using MercadoPago anymore and that is why there is no MercadoPago on top of the form now or a barcode. Last ítem I paid cash at OXXO was in January. Possibly they need some maintenance on their system. with the OXXO cash payment option.

I tried to pay the 571 pesos to that 16 digit number but they asked me is this for mercado libre, i said yes.  But they said i could not because the account isn't valid or something like that.  I went back to a different oxxo and tried it again and they asked is this payment for mercado libre.  They tried it and at first i thought it worked and i gave them the money.  Then they gave me back my money because the transaction did not go through.  I then thought... maybe this 16 digit code is that person bank account debit card.  So i go back to oxxo and say this is the 16 digit bank debit card of the person im trying to pay.  That did not work as well as they said that account number is not valid.

Just now, AlanMexicali said:

I think what has happened is MercadoLibre isn´t using MercadoPago anymore and that is why there is no MercadoPago on top of the form now or a barcode. Last ítem I paid for at OXXO was in January. Possibly they need some maintenance on their system. with the OXXO cash payment option.

I used it exactly one week ago and it worked as always, print form, pay in cash at OXXO.  Already got my merchandise.  

1 minute ago, Bisbee Gal said:

What do you mean by this??

I said i wanted to pay money to this bank account debit card.  Thus i assumed this 16 digit code was the sellers bank card where he receives payment.  I thought that has to be what this code is since when the oxxo clerk asked me is this for mercadolibre and i said and it didn't work, well it had to be the sellers bank account debit card.

I suggest you ask a Mexican friend to step in between you and the seller to figure out what the problem is. When you say things like, they said something like, it becomes obvious there is a language problem.  Suerte.

1 minute ago, Bisbee Gal said:

I used it exactly one week ago and it worked as always, print form, pay in cash at OXXO.  Already got my merchandise.  

Okay so when i clicked buy item.  Then you had to put your shipping address right?  Then it ask you to choose form of payment like debit card, bank deposit or oxxo.  You choose oxxo right?  So when you were done with filling out your address, then you went to that page that showed that 16 digit code etc?  Then you went to oxxo with that paper and paid them?  That paper did not have a barcode right?  It looked like what alan posted above?  After you made the purchase, did you need to go to your account and make instructions or something before you go to oxxo?

The thing is when i went to oxxo, i took a picture of it and brought it with me.  I did not take picture of that form but the page of it before you click on the form.  However its basically the same thing.  Thus there is that 16 digit code.  But they kept telling me there is error etc.  So do you know what possibly is the reason for this?

Archived