Chapala.com Webboard

IMSS Annual renewal

Natasha

Word of warning to those who do their annual IMSS renewals  themselves. Arrived today to learn that "because we have a new computer system in place this year, we require BOTH you and your husband to  be present so we can take your pictures".  Of course, he was not with me. Of course, I had just driven   1 1/2 hours in mostly rain, and did NOT want this obstacle!  Also, had more chores to do in Guad after this one. The following conversation ensured:

Me:  Nobody in Chapala clinic told me about this.  Why can't you use the photo on his tarjeton or else on his IFE?

Him:  We require a photo with no encumbrance -- like the hologram in the IFE, or the staple that is holding his photo in place in the tarjeton.

Me:  (smiling and polite) But that is a SERIOUS inconvenience for me --- how am I supposed to know this in advance? And do you expect me to go back to Chapala, find him, and return? Besides (holding up my cane) I am partially disabled and this makes it harder.

Him:  Why don't you take out your cell phone and show me his picture from there?

Me:  I don't HAVE a cell phone!

Him: (incredulous look on his face)  Is there a way you can contact him to HE can send ME his photo from HIS cell phone?

Me:  He doesn't have a cell phone either! We are OLD not technologically savvy!  Besides, he's at work. That's why I'm the "titular".... because he is not free to drop everything and come to Guad.

This conversation goes back and forth a while longer,  until he realizes this polite, smiling, agreeable but apparently determined lady is NOT going away any time soon. So he finally caves, takes MY picture,   takes one (I guess he manages to ignore the staple) of hubby's tarjeton, and we proceed to finalize the procedure! (Does he want a photo of hubby NEXT year?  NO.  This is the only time they will need it....... for now ;) )

Of course,  fluent Spanish and long-time familiarity with the system helps. But be sure if you don't both go,  the bearer has a cell phone or actual photo to present---- and expect a little fuss about it first!     (No idea how facilitators handle this issue.)              

Yes we just snap pictures of clients on our phones and they scan the photos, new this year only.  Main person goes no need to go to Chapala first.  They were going to implement system last year but never got around to it. 

• 1 month later...

What is the current procedure then for IMSS Renewal?  It looks like it is not necessary to go to the office/clinic in Chapala first, nor to have Infantil photos done.  What paperwork is required for presentation in the IMSS Office on Independencia Norte in Guadalajara?  Thanks in advance.

No visit to local clinic required.  Take copies of all last year's stuff (payment info etc.), current tarjeton(es),  plus current proof of address, CURP numbers, and   original plus copies of ID's (we're Mexicans, so used INE cards).  You would bring Permanente or Passport. Also bring PHOTOS or else take plain, full frontal pix with your cell phone of every person covered so you can present at desk!!!!!  They are entering  these into the Guad computers due to a new program, and will not accept photos off ID or with any marks --- staples, etc.(This is where I got in hot water, since nobody in Chapala clinic told me to do that, and we don't HAVE cell phones that take pix!!  Yes, I talked my way out of it, but am pretty skilled in dealing with bureaucracy here, and fluent in Spanish)

They will do the new paperwork right there that used to happen in Chapala clinic. Just be sure you go over it carefully before you sign, in case of errors that become a nightmare to correct later. Easy-peasy.

Yes -- in some cases, lots of it!  There's a list at Chapala clinic  with fee per person based on age(archivo office) . I think the fees were also posted somewhere on this board earlier this year, but if you're as bad as I am about finding stuff here,   just as easy to go over there to check.

Archived