Chapala.com Webboard

INAPAM cards- current status of experiences

virgogirl

The cards come from a central office in the state. In Chapala likely from GDL.

For example the INAPAM cards for SMA come from Guanajuato City. In SMA it is DIF who processes the cards but they are not a part of INAPAM and DIF gets no financial support for doing this. For the SMA office to get more cards, the SMA DIF needs to run out of cards, travel to Guanajuato, turn in the applications for the cards they handed out and then get more. They have to go in person. Yes, insanity but not the fault of your local office. Thankfully, I can get cards any day of the week, the public early Tuesdays, but I also contribute several thousand pesos annually to help the poor through the DIF office. 

On ETN and Primera Plus I recommend people get their tickets in advance as some buses have a limit which may be as low as 2 INAPAM discounts per trip. You can see many of the discounts on my web site.

We went through that game many years ago. It took 8 months and finally some other methods before we ever got the INAPAM cards.  They do not get sufficient cards and favor local old folks, of course.

You can get your CURP online   When I was working with kids and soccer, I needed a CURP to register them  to play so with the parent´s O.K.   I went online and got them..    basically you need your full names, date of birth and place of birth. If you were not born in Mexico  you need to declare you are a extranerjo.   It is easy  go to www.curp-gratis.com.mx. It will translate into English

I have just been through the thread and have realised that Sonia  from Miguel Allende has much better details than I so if I have confused anyone try the Sonia solution!  I got my first CURP from a little shop in  Chapala believe on Degallado , but there are several around that area. who copy and get CURPS .    Cost is about 20 pesos.The only thing I do not know is what residential status is required for a CURP  

I do know that most government offices who require CURP will not accept a number off another card,  In my experience they want the actual print out .  Suggest print two, and put one on a plastic cover for  wallet Hope that helps !!

Sorry I'm a little late to respond.  I just saw this.  Hopefully this will help.  I just received mine TODAY.  I've calling and visiting for over last two weeks.  You need to go tomorrow morning or they may run out of cards.  The office is located about 2-3 blocks down a street called Degollado.  Take the bus to Chapala and get off on Madero (main drag) and walk about two blocks to Degollado.  it will be on the left hand side of street.  The telephone number there is 765-2849 or 765-3349.  I believe they open at 8 a.m.

You will need:

1.) Documento Migratorio- (I used my Perm. Res. card)-yes you will need a CURP

2.) Passport

3.) Proof of residence - not more than 2 mos. old (I used my telephone bill)

4.) 2 photos taken without wearing glasses-(child size photos)  Farmacia Guadalajara does this

Go tomorrow or you may have to wait about 2 weeks like I did.  Hope this helps.  Good luck!

The lady who runs the show there is named Marta.

• 9 months later...
On 8/16/2017 at 2:13 PM, virgogirl said:

...Last week I spoke to the woman at the ticket counter at Chapala bus station asking about the discount rate. It seems that she said that the new discount was only 5 pesos for "directo." Currently it is 55 pesos one way to GDL, and in the past, folks told me INAPAM got you the ticket half price. I does seem something changed, and I will ask again there since I may not have heard the Spanish with 100% comprehension.

Went to Guad yesterday and gave the lady my card. I paid $27.50, half price, for the ticket. Got it again on the return trip.

I know this thread is old, but the facts remain important.

18 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Went to Guad yesterday and gave the lady my card. I paid $27.50, half price, for the ticket. Got it again on the return trip.

I know this thread is old, but the facts remain important.

I find that if you have a Mexican last name, you always seem to get the discount. Not always so if your last name is not Mexican. Maybe you last name is Mexican?

Archived