Chapala.com Webboard

Lakeside Delivery Service for Packages from the U.S.

ibarra

We used  America Ship for delivery of an area rug...It arrived safe and sound. Their site provides a shipping calculator for pricing your shipment.  You are charged on your credit card. Their website is: www.america-ship.com

Estafeta has a service the name is Merkalink. They handle customs clearance and shipping. They give you a free address in Laredo and when your package arrives there,  notify you by email.  I have used them for 10 years to import every thing from  auto parts to  gas fireplace logs with no problem.

We use a consolidating service in Houston who repacks everything into 1 box, saving lots on shipping costs. Down to Laredo with Estafeta USA and then as Mostlylost says it goes into Customs in NL and then here by ground in 5-7 days on Estafeta. More than 10 years, never a problem, one complete price covers the shipping and duty. We will have a box packed tomorrow with 47 items in it including a robot vacuum. It will leave Houston next Monday (the no extra charge shipping day) and should be delivered to our condo by the following Saturday. 3 cans of Mary Kitchen hash, sometimes you just want it.

6 minutes ago, shirley said:

pappysmarket what is the name of the company that does the consolidating service in Houston?

US Global Mail  we just renewed a couple of months ago and we paid $250 for 24 months. Letters can stay indefinitely with no storage cost, packages 30 days and then you will pay storage. They will open and scan letters for you at additional cost. Repackaging is a flat $5 fee. Not per item. So when we decide to order something we go ahead and get anything else we want within our 30 day window and have only once paid extra storage. They scan the items in so you see the label of everything they have for you and each package shows how many free days of storage you have left. It's a no brainer for us.

https://www.usglobalmail.com/

Should you decide to sign up use this link and we'll both get a free month.

https://www.usglobalmail.com/personal/mail-package-forwarding/?referrer_id=19783

Pappy

I use Hugh Roberts . I just received a big Amazon US order + other items. I am happy to send you info if you like. I have the items shipped to his warehouse in TX, he consolidates and prepares the tax/customs papers and pays the IVA. I pay Hugh when he delivers the goods. A lot depends on weight and size and value of items. I can highly recommend his services. Once you contact Hugh or his son Isaac, they will give you all the information, etc, pricing and procedures.

www.extendinglivesmexico.com

A new IPad ordered through Amazon valued at $425 cost 180 pesos for delivery from Texas last week. Ross does not charge based on value.

Estafeta charges seem to differ slightly based on weight, value and whether we want insurance but are basically $4-$5 per pound with 10 pound minimum charge.

• 10 months later...

"Talked to Ron Berry at the tienguis a few weeks ago and he told me about his delivery service from USA to Chapala/Ajijic. seem to remember his price was $17.50/lb.

contact him at:331-312-7649 or extendedroadschapala@gmail.com

check out his website:extendedroadschapala.weebly.com"

Thanks to all for this great post.  Trying to get a new laptop with an English keyboard shipped down here.  It would seem such a simple thing, but....

BTW, Ron's webpage doesn't include the word "Weebly", it just reads like this:  http://www.extendedroadsdelivery.com

Archived