Chapala.com Webboard

Proof of Address

Bajabrady

Does anyone have experience getting a letter from the Chapala courthouse to serve as proof of address if no utilities are in the renters name? Some official document with lots of official stamps and embossing? To use in place of a lease and utility bill

Not the courthouse.  It is a comprobante de domicilio obtainable at the palacio municipal in Chapala.  Second floor, I think, but you can ask at the information desk, or upstairs.  Take a copy of your lease or rent receipt, your passport and INM document, or maybe even a copy of the landlords ID and/or CFE or Telmex bill.

3 hours ago, bontepar said:

You can easily put your telmex bill in your name, you can do it on online  without the landlord permit

I don't think that's true these days; CFE now requires proof of change of name on accounts.  Even if it could be done, a homeowner may object as it could spell capital gains upon sale if the CFE bills are not in the owners's name.  If a tenant wants the bill in their name, they should ask the owner and not be surprised if the answer is, no. 

21 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

I don't think that's true these days; CFE now requires proof of change of name on accounts.  Even if it could be done, a homeowner may object as it could spell capital gains upon sale if the CFE bills are not in the owners's name.  If a tenant wants the bill in their name, they should ask the owner and not be surprised if the answer is, no. 

I am not talking about CFE is TELMEX!!!!!

I have done it on line NO PROBLEM!!!

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎10 at 2:10 PM, CHILLIN said:

Unfortunately, you will need the Telmex modem/router. The modem is the necessary part, but the Telmex WI-FI routers are not the best. I hooked the Telmex unit to the telephone line (there is a small filter which must be installed too - supplied by Telmex), run an ethernet cable to a powerful, more up to date (security wise) WI-FI router, then turned the Telemex WI-FI off. If you get stuck, you can call Telmex customer support in Mexico City and ask for an English speaking technician.

Regarding a Constancia de Residencia to use as proof of address, I have done this 4 times in Jocotepec at the Palacio. In addition to 2 infantil size fotos, I had to produce a utility bill for the address, my visa, my Jalisco driver license, and my passport-- all with copies.  You can save time by going to the hacienda first and paying for the C. de R. ($35) and submitting the receipt with the other stuff. There are several places there on the plaza that make the infantil fotos ($50) in a few minutes. Upstairs, first office on the left. Señorita Christina.

Ok so we have to renew our drivers license this year and I just realized that a well known lawyer here drew up our rental lease and did not put my name on it, so I have absolutely nothing with my name on it to prove residence, any ideas on what I can do?

The Constancia de Residencia that I described above will work. I helped my neighbor get one for his driver license renewal and he said it was gladly accepted. And I used one for my renewal. The whole process of getting the fotos, paying, and getting the Constancia made maybe sounds onerous but is quick-- usually a half hour, 45 minutes in Joco.

40 minutes ago, hensley said:

Ok so we have to renew our drivers license this year and I just realized that a well known lawyer here drew up our rental lease and did not put my name on it, so I have absolutely nothing with my name on it to prove residence, any ideas on what I can do?

Just did license renewal. A lease is not on their list, but original CURP is.

5 hours ago, hensley said:

What is the consequences of not changing the address??

Archived