Chapala.com Webboard

Candlelight 2 for 1 Dinners @ La Mision

Starting this Friday La Mission will be offering a romantic setting of candlelight 2 for 1 dinners plus live soft  music for your dining dancing and listening pleasure with Victor Garcia on violin and his father Ignachio on strings.

To make your reservation please call 108 0887 or drop by Rio Bravo #7. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is the candlelight 2 for 1 menu a special menu for the 5-9 dinner or the regular menu?

If a special menu, does it change each Friday?

Are reservations required for this special, or can one drop-in?

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 0:26 AM, PORTIMOM said:

Is the candlelight 2 for 1 menu a special menu for the 5-9 dinner or the regular menu?

If a special menu, does it change each Friday?

Are reservations required for this special, or can one drop-in?

Sorry I was unable to answer your post until now as I left yesterday morning @7:00 AM for a full day of medical tests in Guad and when I got back the internet was not functioning.

Our Friday Candlelight 2 for 1 is a Special Menu which has a variety of entrees, such as Pork Chop, Shrimp, Currie to name just a few that I remember off the top of my head.

Our regular menu is always available.

Reservations are appreciated but you can drop in as well.

Thank you and hope to see you soon.

Invited friends to join us tonight for the Candlelight 2 for 1. I was particularly attracted to this as the father/son duo are so different from many in that they understand that they are background music. Got there tonight and there was another duo there which was my first disappointment. Unfortunately, I had missed the recent answer about there being a special menu for the 2 for 1. We were given a menu from which we ordered. The menu is much improved from our last visit long ago. The food was truly wonderful and I would score it as close to my favorite restaurant, GO. The gripe I have in addition to the switch of the entertainment is that they never offered us the 2 for 1 menu but let us order from the regular without ever telling us about the special. Shame on us for not having asked but having gone to Roberto's on many Friday specials we never thought to ask.

When I asked and told about our not having received the discount I found the response unacceptable. Sorry to say that the idea of getting people in is good but the lack of follow thru leaves me with a bad taste.

So sorry for the confusion. I have just finished speaking with Esperanza. First thank you so much for choosing La Mision last evening and your kind words about your dinners. We only remember you as being a party of 2 and are glad that there were no friends with you as they would have been disappointed as well. As to the entertainment this has been our entertainment ie Victor and his father Ignachio have been performing Thursdays and Saturdays for over a year now and Fridays has been different entertainers.

The problem was caused by your waiter who failed to ask if you were here for the Friday 2 for 1. I understand he tried to make it right by offering you 2 free beverages. I assure you this will not happen again as we will be putting in place new rules and procedures  which will make it impossible for this to happen again.

We want to as soon as possible remove that bad taste from your mouth so would please ask you to return and let us make sure that the bad taste will become a good taste.

Hope to see you soon. 

This is important.  There is another fine restaurant in the area that we partronize nearly every week for lunch because they have the best salmon around (that we know of).

However, most of the time we are handed the large "regular" (and more costly) menu when we arrive, when we are aware they also have a much lower priced "brunch" menu. We came with a large group of budget concious friends once recently and they, too, were only handed the pricey menu.  I called over the waiter and asked for the brunch menu, to my friend' obvious relief and we all had a good, affordable, meal.

Having advertised your tempting-sounding twofer deal, I hope you do let patrons know it's available.  Is this menu available at lunch, or only at dinner?

Thanks Gringal. It never was or is our intention that anyone ever is a victim of "Bait and Switch" We know enough about business to know that there is never a winner who pulls that stunt. We are sorry this happened and please be assured that we have put in place the proper safeguards.

The menu is only available after 5:00 PM Fridays.

PS The past president of CASA (George) says in his opinion we have the best Salmon dinner.

Would love your opinion. 

5 hours ago, La Mision said:

Thanks Gringal. It never was or is our intention that anyone ever is a victim of "Bait and Switch" We know enough about business to know that there is never a winner who pulls that stunt. We are sorry this happened and please be assured that we have put in place the proper safeguards.

The menu is only available after 5:00 PM Fridays.

PS The past president of CASA (George) says in his opinion we have the best Salmon dinner.

Would love your opinion. 

Right now, I am "out of commission", but will be happy to try your salmon and trust me, if it's as good or better than the "other" place, I'll report so.

8 hours ago, La Mision said:

So sorry for the confusion. I have just finished speaking with Esperanza. First thank you so much for choosing La Mision last evening and your kind words about your dinners. We only remember you as being a party of 2 and are glad that there were no friends with you as they would have been disappointed as well. As to the entertainment this has been our entertainment ie Victor and his father Ignachio have been performing Thursdays and Saturdays for over a year now and Fridays has been different entertainers.

The problem was caused by your waiter who failed to ask if you were here for the Friday 2 for 1. I understand he tried to make it right by offering you 2 free beverages. I assure you this will not happen again as we will be putting in place new rules and procedures  which will make it impossible for this to happen again.

We want to as soon as possible remove that bad taste from your mouth so would please ask you to return and let us make sure that the bad taste will become a good taste.

Hope to see you soon. 

Thank you for your quick attention. Let me reiterate that the food last night was on the well above average range and the cost not out of line for the quality.

I draw your attention to the first post announcing the "candlelight special" in which it states that the Garcia's are to be featured. The image of soft music in a lovely setting was very appealing and it was the package that enticed me. I am VERY noise sensitive having a serious hearing impairment with aids that make some noises very painful. So ergo the attraction to the music advertised.

There must have more of us to whom this happened as we were definitely a party of four. (Yes, our friends accepted.) And no one offered us free drinks but had they we would have refused as we had sufficient drinks by the time we paid our bill. That might not be a good policy in this day and age where people need to be very conscious of their alcohol consumption. Luckily none of us are so price sensitive as to cause a hole in our budgets.  Truthfully, the savings for 2 for 1 is reasonably de minimis when you include appetizer, drinks and desert. It is, however, and excuse to try a place which is exactly what drew us in. 

Archived