Chapala.com Webboard
sugarplumfaerie

U.S. plated 2012 Nissan Sentra for sale

I have a 2012 Nissan Sentra that I recently drove here from the U.S.  I have decided I don't want a car here and want to sell it.  It is in excellent condition, about 43,000 miles, 4 door, air conditioning, power steering, power brakes, power windows/doors, etc.  CD playerIMG_20170915_161237.thumb.jpg.8d1501a9635f486412da1b15d4cf6381.jpg    Model on title is listed as SB.  Automatic transmission.IMG_20170915_161250.thumb.jpg.8c3247af22c4f51fce57f0c52864efdc.jpg

If you are at all interested I am happy to answer all questions and provide more details.  IMG_20170915_161237.thumb.jpg.8d1501a9635f486412da1b15d4cf6381.jpg

$9,000 USD - must jointly drive car to border to have my sticker removed

IMG_20170915_161211.jpg

IMG_20170915_161311.jpg

IMG_20170915_161320.jpg

IMG_20170915_161331.jpg

IMG_20170915_161346.jpg

Edited by sugarplumfaerie
update and add photos

14 minutes ago, sugarplumfaerie said:
I have a 2012 Nissan Sentra that I recently drove here from the U.S.  I have decided I don't want a car here and want to sell it.  It is in excellent condition, about 40,000 miles, 4 door, air conditioning etc.  

If you are at all interested I am happy to answer all questions and provide more details.  

$9,000 USD - must jointly drive car to border to have my sticker removed

$9000 USD is at the bottom range of fair value on KBB so a very good deal.

Unless you just WANT to drive to the border you do NOT have to be 'with' the car to have the sticker removed.... that is unless one doesn't trust that the buyer will not do this on their way out.

I have purchased probably 15 vehicles like this over the years, driven them to the border (and beyond) AND cancelled the TIP for the previous owner. I then email a copy of the receipt that one gets when they cancel. This receipt should be kept by the seller to proved that they have followed the law and that the vehicle is no longer in Mexico.

I usually get a Carta Poder (Power of Attorney) from the owner giving me the right to be driving 'their' vehicle.... but even this is not required. I just do it for peace of mind in case some rouge cop decides to hassle me. It has only happened once but when I flashed the Carta he backed off.

P.S.  There are about 7 different models of a Nissan Sentra 4D so I don't know how pappysmarket determined that you have a decent price on your vehicle. And then the buyer must drive it to the border and back.  Just saying....

24 minutes ago, RickS said:

Unless you just WANT to drive to the border you do NOT have to be 'with' the car to have the sticker removed.... that is unless one doesn't trust that the buyer will not do this on their way out.

I have purchased probably 15 vehicles like this over the years, driven them to the border (and beyond) AND cancelled the TIP for the previous owner. I then email a copy of the receipt that one gets when they cancel. This receipt should be kept by the seller to proved that they have followed the law and that the vehicle is no longer in Mexico.

I usually get a Carta Poder (Power of Attorney) from the owner giving me the right to be driving 'their' vehicle.... but even this is not required. I just do it for peace of mind in case some rouge cop decides to hassle me. It has only happened once but when I flashed the Carta he backed off.

P.S.  There are about 7 different models of a Nissan Sentra 4D so I don't know how pappysmarket determined that you have a decent price on your vehicle. And then the buyer must drive it to the border and back.  Just saying....

I defer to the car guru on this board. Perhaps my glance at KBB was incomplete. Mea culpa. Sounds like you ought to make her an offer she can't refuse.

My first priority would be to make sure that the OP is aware of her options and how to properly go about achieving her goal of selling the car.  

14 minutes ago, RickS said:

My first priority would be to make sure that the OP is aware of her options and how to properly go about achieving her goal of selling the car.  

Sounds like an opening gambit to me. Muy suave.