Chapala.com Webboard

New Amazon Prime Streaming Content

pappysmarket

Just read that  they will be rolling out 6 classic sitcoms this month. Not many on my list of favorites but for what it's worth:

"Amazon Prime Video is adding full seasons of six classic sitcoms from the 80s and 90s. Rolling out throughout the month of August will be "Roseanne" (9 seasons), "3rd Rock From the Sun" (6 seasons), "A Different World" (6 seasons), "Grace Under Fire" (5 seasons), "Cybill" (4 seasons), and "Grounded for Life" (5 seasons). All episodes wil available to Amazon Prime subscribers at no extra charge and can be streamed on the Amazon Video channel on Roku and through Amazon apps on other devices."

I can't stream on my Roku because I can't get a VPN on it but on my laptop and tablet no problem. Amazon is really coming out with a lot of original content that they let you watch anywhere making Prime a good deal for some of us.

Full disclosure: I don't make anything from Amazon so don't bother asking.

We have it, stream it through our U.S. based VPN.  It's OK, I wouldn't buy it on its own but it comes with our prime membership which is mainly useful for cutting shipping costs.  The web interface is clunky and poorly designed IMO, surprising given how good that company is with its storefront web interface.

It doesn't compare to Netflix, not even close IMO.

I'm finding I can get much better deals on a lot of stuff on EBay these days.

No, Netflix is way ahead for folks who watch that kind of stuff a lot but as you say, you don't buy Prime for the video or the music but they are both nice extras. But I just click on my watchlist and it starts playing within a couple of seconds on my laptop. Are you watching on Roku? Interesting about eBay, what kinds of things?

I like the Prime Pantry feature, you can get lots of small items like spices and fill up a box of almost any size and a flat $5.99 shipping, to the US of course. We frequently choose no rush shipping and get a $5.00 shipping credit for Prime Pantry. We ship everything to one consolidating point in Houston so don't care about 2 day shipping.

I may watch some of Roseanne. Also I'm watching some old Unsolved Mysteries episodes with Robert Stack.

Just bought two 64gb Apple 6s phones for $250 NEW on Ebay, for example.  Better deals on car parts, getting a wheel so I can have a full sized spare in my CRV, another example.  Not just EBay, finding better deals on audio equipment elsewhere for example.  Doing a much needed upgrade to the 7.1 sound system in my home theater, much better rear speakers.  $100 less for the pair than Amazon.

Rewatching Game of Thrones on the big screen now.  That is one of the most visually rich series I've ever seen anywhere.  The plots and characters are so complex you really have to pay close attention.

Now that we are only going to the U.S. once per year, thinking about dropping the prime altogether. 

On 8/5/2017 at 10:22 PM, Mainecoons said:

Just bought two 64gb Apple 6s phones for $250 NEW on Ebay, for example.  Better deals on car parts, getting a wheel so I can have a full sized spare in my CRV, another example.  Not just EBay, finding better deals on audio equipment elsewhere for example.  Doing a much needed upgrade to the 7.1 sound system in my home theater, much better rear speakers.  $100 less for the pair than Amazon.

Rewatching Game of Thrones on the big screen now.  That is one of the most visually rich series I've ever seen anywhere.  The plots and characters are so complex you really have to pay close attention.

Now that we are only going to the U.S. once per year, thinking about dropping the prime altogether. 

Mainecoons, if you like GoT, I'll bet you'd like The Last Kingdom. It's terrific, there's been two seasons so far and we can't get enough of it. It's a show that you can watch over and over because it's so rich. Beautifully shot too.

hi guys, 

i use getflix a pretty good unblocker, works 100% for amazon prime, but is a little sketchy at times for U.S based netflix. I would say 85-90% of the time its working, I also have to recommend Billions (US netflix) that's really addictive. 

I have full 11.1 atmos but sadly i can only find disc based media so far, hopefully netflix will upgrade sooner rather than later. 

Looked at atmos before my upgrade to 7.1 and decided there wasn't going to be any significant amount of material for it for quite a while if ever.  Also, I don't have a good room for the HT to have atmos.  Dirac live room correction helped a bunch but it is only up to 7.1 as well.

We're able to stream Amazon Prime video though our U.S. based VPN without problems thus far.  

Archived