Chapala.com Webboard

Concepsion de Buenos Aires piedras

JayBearII

I live in the Chapala area. I want to go to the giant round rocks that are on the way to Concepcion de Buenos Aires on the south side of the Lake. Magical place. Have been there before many years ago, but not sure of the directions.

Been to Concepcion many times but have no recollection of the giant rocks, or you thinking of Tapalpa?

Piedras Gigantes

On the other hand, if you travel to Concepcion de Buenos Aires, there is a terrific restaurant on the plaza, Restaurant Tio Lucas with some of the best Chamorro in Jalisco.  Well with the drive.

From Chapala, proceed through Jocotopec to the T intersection on the other side of town. Turn left, toward Morelia, and drive until you see a right turn for Tapalpa.  I seem to recall a yellow blinking caution light at that intersection, which may still be there......or not.

If you use Google maps, or simply search for “distance from Chapala to Tapalpa, you should see the route.

Very easy to get there from here.  Go like you are going to Mazamitla.  On the way, you go down a long hill at the bottom of which is a junction very clearly marked to Concepcion.  Turn right there.  Very scenic ride at this time of year.  One of the favorite shorter runs of the local moto crowd.

Archived