Chapala.com Webboard

Food Truck

Kyle

We were there last Sunday evening and had a filet "hamburger." All of his hamburgers are from "cortes," not ground beef. The filet sandwich was on his homemade artisan bread, with tomato, grilled bell pepper, mushrooms. Delicious! And only 95 pesos.

4 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

I'm still aghast that anybody can dare to charge 95 pesos for sandwich around here. Wow.

I am with you, Computer Guy. And also call the cost "only" 95 pesos (for a sandwich, from a food truck in Mexico). 

CG and Xena - Just to clarify a bit, this was not a "sandwich" in the usual sense of the word. It was a filet mignon, the size of my palm, 1 1/4" inch thick, cooked medium rare as I ordered it. It was topped with grilled mushrooms, bell pepper strips, tomato and placed between two slices of homemade artisan bread. It came with a side of your choice. One of us had sweet potato fries and the other ordered garlic rosemary baby potatoes. He may cook in his food truck, but we were seated at a table; our order was taken there and they served us, and even brought us natural insect repellent spray (although I wasn't bothered by any mosquitos). We didn't go up to the truck to order. I would have taken a photo of our sandwiches, but I'm living with a seven year old smart phone with a bad camera. 

We believed our meal to be quite tasty and filling for 95 pesos, about USD$5.50 -- YMMV. Why don't you try the place yourself, instead of critiquing my post?

What we had at Forest Grill doesn't compare to the couple of meals I've had at the Avocado Club. Both times I felt like I paid a premium price for just an average lunch.

On 7/28/2017 at 6:54 PM, Kyle said:

Just ate at the new Food Truck, Forest Grill, across from La Huerte next to the nursery.  Excellent food, the chef and owner is very creative, many flavors from all over Mexico.  Give it a try

Is that opposite the organic market or opposite the Huerto restaurant in Riberas?  I am unclear on the location.

19 hours ago, adolphsj said:

Just ate there....I had 2 steak tacos and spouse had steak sandwich. Excellent. Very nice guy. Price was right for this area.  They are closed August 7-13 to improve baño. He is promising a grand opening party August 14.

So this guy has a Bano, how very interesting I wonder what system he is using

Some of us have English keyboards, on which one must make quite an effort to type an "n" with a tilde:

" To make a lowercase ñ in the Microsoft Windows operating system, hold down the Alt key and type the number 164 or 0241 on the numeric keypad (with Num Lock turned on). To make an uppercase Ñ, press Alt-165 or Alt-0209. Character Map in Windows identifies the letter as "Latin Small/Capital Letter N With Tilde".

Archived