Chapala.com Webboard

Robbery Prevention

Lots of homes getting robbed or burglarized in our area and we would like to make sure this does not happen to us.

Anybody have any info on alarm companies, monitored or just alarm system with sirens, who installs maybe some cost info.

Thanks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best first defense is dog or dogs!! With so many at Anita's right now that are in desperate need of a loving home - go get a dog or two and let them repay your kindness in the way that comes so natural to them - patrolling and protecting your property!!

Win................Win.

26 minutes ago, Guiness said:

Best first defense is dog or dogs!! With so many at Anita's right now that are in desperate need of a loving home - go get a dog or two and let them repay your kindness in the way that comes so natural to them - patrolling and protecting your property!!

Win................Win.

Most people had dogs, they are not a deterrent.

Best defence try not to leave any valuable at home watches  gold etc when you go out, safes are not the answer they yanked our safe from the wall!!!!

we have private security not good I have a feeling they tip they buddies when they see both of us leaving!

2 hours ago, Guiness said:

Win................Win.

Not all dogs make good watch dogs.  One of my dogs would cower in fear.  The other so loves people it would say, "Mr. Burglar, come in and sit down. What can I get you?  Coffee?  Tea?  Jewelry?"

Alarms are little to no help.  We had to deal with one on a house we were watching for friends.  The alarm went off every time a leaf moved.  The alarm company was no help.  Just last week, as I was coming home, one of my neighbors was pacing in the street in front of a house with an alarm going off.  He'd called the company but they said they couldn't come out.  The police didn't answer.  The alarm finally ran down.

Re dogs:  I have a 90 lb American Staffordshire who puts fear into the hearts of anybody on the other side of the fence.  He's a total wuss but he gets the message across by just being there.  A poodle doesn't have the same effect.

Neighborhood Watch is as good as anything better than most.

Most dogs, no matter the size, are Watch dogs. They bark at a perceived threat. But think about how often you pay attention to the neighbor's barking dogs. Nuff said.

An actual Guard dog is a deterrent, but that means a professionally trained dog who is trained to do bodily harm. There are such trainers in Guadalajara but they don't come cheap.

Steren sells security cameras but I don't know what all they do.

9 minutes ago, MtnMama said:

Neighborhood Watch is as good as anything better than most.

Most dogs, no matter the size, are Watch dogs. They bark at a perceived threat. But think about how often you pay attention to the neighbor's barking dogs. Nuff said.

An actual Guard dog is a deterrent, but that means a professionally trained dog who is trained to do bodily harm. There are such trainers in Guadalajara but they don't come cheap.

Steren sells security cameras but I don't know what all they do.

Some work through the internet and you can watch them rob you on your cell phone.

Amazing ....  when ever this issue comes up we spend more time discussing was it a burglary or robbery...can we agree it  was an invasion of privacy by an unwanted person(s)...Please just respond the the op question

I would suggest that this report, and the fake 500pesos bills, and the lady in car distraction scam, could mean there is "a professional gang" in town, possible from Guad,targeting "soft" areas in Lakeside

Archived