Chapala.com Webboard

Boat to Rent with Driver

A friend ask me to help her find out if anyone knows, who to contact that could help them rent a boat and boatman, who has a little bit more than a fishing boat, near the Nueva Posada that they could have a ceremony and then discard the ashes. I know a lot of people don't like this but the person that died would like to have this done with her ashes.

Thanks for any help for the family, they want to fulfill her wishes..

Assuming you meant a boat on the lake, what would be more appropriate than a rowboat? No disrespect intended as my mother had her's scattered off of Ft. Lauderdale. Granted, her boat would carry twenty people, so how many will attend the scattering? 

When a person starts a posting on a message board, or forum, or Facebook, that others are able to comment on, that original posting and the comments on it are called a thread. A thread hijacking occurs when one or more individuals commenting on the original posting, go off topic, creating a separate conversation.

16 hours ago, bigfootbill said:

Hi, IU see you WERE from Phoenix. Well we are from Phoenix my wife and I will be down mid Aug for 2-3 weeks if you need anything  small from PHX. let me know.

Bill

Thank  you Bill, that is very nice of you, we just did a trip to the states so I think we are all stocked up, safe travels.

Several years ago we had a similar situation. Rented boat and boatman from Chapala. Decorated the boat for this special occasion. Closest family and/or friends were on boat with Cremains and a three piece instrumental group. The rest of us stood at the end of the pier as the musicians played and ashes sprinkled into the lake as the boat went in small circles close to the pier so that we all felt that we were a part of this memorial. After it concluded, many of us went to a restaurant for lunch and to share our memories of our late friend. I will never forget the beauty and simplicity of how it was done. Hope this helps, Julie.

18 hours ago, bigfootbill said:

Hi, IU see you WERE from Phoenix. Well we are from Phoenix my wife and I will be down mid Aug for 2-3 weeks if you need anything  small from PHX. let me know.

Bill

Hi Bill and welcome to the board.  Although threads here do tend to wonder and we mods are fairly liberal about it, communications like this can be sent using the PM feature.  And no, you didn't hijack the thread, that requires a lot more posting and obvious intent to distract that didn't happen here.

Angus, we are quite capable of moderating this board without your help.  Please keep that in mind.  If you have a concern about another poster, send me or another mod a PM or report the post.

Isn't there a bigger boat based in either San Juan Cosala or Jocotepec that might be rentable?

Also, you could try checking with the Chapala yacht club, they might know of something rentable.

We did something like this with my spouse's parents who wanted to be spread on the Illinois River.  Rented a large boat, all the family got on board, we took the ashes to their favorite spot on the river, had a service and then in accordance with their wishes (no crying over us have a party) we did.

Very memorable.  My wish is for mine to be taken to the beach followed by a big party with Bluegrass music.  However, will definitely "settle" for Mariachis!

Archived