Chapala.com Webboard

US retirees in Mexico face being thrown out

AlanMexicali

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:54 AM, AlanMexicali said:

mThe cost of your/Gimpy´s examples are not the actual cost to get a Certificate of Nationality in Mexcio from the SRE to attend public school etc.. If the parent/s had gone to a Mexican Consulate while living in the US or any other country and registered and certified their child´s US birth certificate for $13.00 USD then the child would be added to the Mexican National Registery of Mexican Citizens in Mexico City. The certified foreign birth certificate would not be questioned in Mexico by law as it is certified/verified of it´s authenticity by the SRE at a Mexican Consulate and no appostilled copy would be needed for the application to get a Certificate of Nationality for $260.00 pesos once in Mexico which gets the child into school etc.

So I would presume the vast majority of Mexicans living abroad legally and undocumented have the knowledge to walk into a Mexican Consulate with their child´s birth certificate to register their child/children and get the birth certificate certified  by the SRE good in Mexico.

In conclusión your examples are not the norm but the exception. IMO. If the truth was presented as the facts instead of the so called facts being the exception and wrongfully stating there is a large foreign student fee which doesn´t exist then why support an explanation from someone who doesn´t know the norm only a limited example that he has experienced and claims that is the way it is done when that is not the way it is done generally?

"IF" covers a lot of ground, Alan. I do not know if they are the "norm" for those with the same situations as those we speak about, but my guess is that it is. You know nothing of the life situations of those of whom we speak about. We can speak to what has happened in many situations. What the law says may happen, and what actually happens in Mexico, are many times a lot different. I don't believe anyone here is challenging what you say the law says. We are just speaking about actual experiences that have occurred. In a "perfect" situation and with educated people, things maybe could have been different. Sometimes, one has to proceed in life with the hand that you have been dealt. That is what happened here. No need to take offense when we describe what has actually happened.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, HookEmHorns said:

"IF" covers a lot of ground, Alan. I do not know if they are the "norm" for those with the same situations as those we speak about, but my guess is that it is. You know nothing of the life situations of those of whom we speak about. We can speak to what has happened in many situations. What the law says may happen, and what actually happens in Mexico, are many times a lot different. I don't believe anyone here is challenging what you say the law says. We are just speaking about actual experiences that have occurred. In a "perfect" situation and with educated people, things maybe could have been different. Sometimes, one has to proceed in life with the hand that you have been dealt. That is what happened here. No need to take offense when we describe what has actually happened.

Let me paraphrase in my own words what I have read in your and Gimpy´s many posts: sort of a narrative:

I am a poor uneducated Mexican woman that had children when I lived in the US. I was able to live there and raise children but when I returned to Mexico I didn´t have the sense or education to know enough to safeguard my children´s birth certificates. I live in Mexico in a dirt floor hut, have no TV, no radio, no family or friends to advise me that DIF will give me food packages, sign me up for Seguro Popular, train me to get work, give me clothing and other essentials and get documents for my 4 kids if I have any foreign birth certificate, not one certified by a Mexican Consulate, all for free and give me advice on what other programs I can apply for to get help. These DIF programs are advertised on TV, radio, newspapers, events and is general knowledge among Mexican citizens. But I somehow know 2 Americans that can help me with money.  I am so uneducated, ignorant, poor and isolated from mainstream Mexicans I don´t know that DIF is here to assist me in many ways including getting my children registered to get a school education all for free.

Maybe next time you happen across these types of women take them to DIF.

Intesesting story. When myself and my wife were in many government building helping relatives and friends I noticed the people mopping and sweeping floors had normal sized brooms and small  mop buckets. This was years ago. She said and knows for sure: That is because they are mariginal citizens with no school degree and earn good money because it is DIF getting them the jobs to support their family and the more the better so small brooms and mop buckets keep them busy all day.. The people cleaning sidewalks and parks everywhere are part of these programs for municipalities and other things you see around Mexico is also required as part of the National DIF to give them a change to work, get a pension from IMSS etc..

49 minutes ago, AlanMexicali said:

Let me paraphrase in my own words what I have read in your and Gimpy´s many posts: sort of a narrative:

I am a poor uneducated Mexican woman that had children when I lived in the US. I was able to live there and raise children but when I returned to Mexico I didn´t have the sense or education to know enough to safeguard my children´s birth certificates. I live in Mexico in a dirt floor hut, have no TV, no radio, no family or friends to advise me that DIF will give me food packages, sign me up for Seguro Popular, train me to get work, give me clothing and other essentials and get documents for my 4 kids if I have any foreign birth certificate, not one certified by a Mexican Consulate, all for free and give me advice on what other programs I can apply for to get help. These DIF programs are advertised on TV, radio, newspapers, events and is general knowledge among Mexican citizens. But I somehow know 2 Americans that can help me with money.  I am so uneducated, ignorant, poor and isolated from mainstream Mexicans I don´t know that DIF is here to assist me in many ways including getting my children registered to get a school education all for free.

You're like a dog with a bone, aren't you Alan? Just can't let it go.  I already told you in the beginning that DIF did NOT help her, just told her what she needed to get done such as the apostilles, and sent her on her way to the American Consulate who gave her the INCORRECT INFORMATION that only a parent who was IN the United States could get that done.

Why do people like you think that because an experience didn't happen to THEM, it didn't happen? I already also told you that the next time I run across "these types of women", I will be sending them to you, because fortunately you have all the answers. 

2 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

Geez, Alan, give it a rest.  Until you experience what we have been through, you will NEVDER understand. You are just digging your hole deeper with each post now. (:

Archived