Chapala.com Webboard

New Indian Restaurant

Wookie

Just checked 5 of the business addresses in the Centro Laguna. They do have SAT in part of their address, but in the "city" space they have filled in "Ajijic", not SAT. So it shouldn't really matter, should it? It's a clearly visible landmark and the details of the location would only matter if one were a true pedant. Which I hope none of us are...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, IMBurnen said:

Just checked 5 of the business addresses in the Centro Laguna. They do have SAT in part of their address, but in the "city" space they have filled in "Ajijic", not SAT. So it shouldn't really matter, should it? It's a clearly visible landmark and the details of the location would only matter if one were a true pedant. Which I hope none of us are...

It is not pedantry. If we really want to help people, especially newcomers, locate a business it is best for them if we remember Chapala, Riberas, Mirasol, San Antonio, La Floresta, and Ajijic. 

I am pretty impressed with a poster who figures he can rearrange the actual geography of the land, just by saying so. And then follow it up with a generic whitewash of everyone's knowledge. Wow, such power. Although I shouldn't be surprised, considering how many politicians in the U.S. can actually do the same thing to help get elected...

For years I was not a curry fan. Then I discovered my Mom's old recipe for the dish, made it... and found out why... sorry, Mom. Now I am a big fan. The Pian Thai place on Hidalgo has some very pleasant offerings of red, yellow and green curries.

I am not a great curry fan but do occasionally enjoy a good one. I look forward to zipping over to Laguna Centro and sampling the curry when the new outlet in the food court opens. Could be a great place to grab some fast food lakeside style.

On 7/20/2017 at 10:57 AM, ComputerGuy said:

I am pretty impressed with a poster who figures he can rearrange the actual geography of the land, just by saying so. And then follow it up with a generic whitewash of everyone's knowledge. Wow, such power. Although I shouldn't be surprised, considering how many politicians in the U.S. can actually do the same thing to help get elected...

For years I was not a curry fan. Then I discovered my Mom's old recipe for the dish, made it... and found out why... sorry, Mom. Now I am a big fan. The Pien Thai place on Hidalgo has some very pleasant offerings of red, yellow and green curries.

I like Thai curry.  I also like Indian curry.  They are quite different.

Some more info on the Indian Restaurant as I talked with the owners this evening..

-          It is authentic Indian as the owners are from India.

-          They plan to deliver and to do catering as well.

-           They hope to open this coming Wednesday.

-          They have had experience in the restaurant business and if all goes well they hope to open a 'sit in' restaurant in the near future

On 7/22/2017 at 5:51 PM, El Saltos said:

I like Thai curry.  I also like Indian curry.  They are quite different.

The Pian Thai place on Hidalgo has some very pleasant offerings of red, yellow and green curries.

TomL thanks for the information and also for an actual post regarding the original reason this thread was started.  Amazing!  However your new information has a good chance of being lost among all the other restaurants and directions posted.  So when the Indian Restaurant (fast food) opens maybe another attempt will be in order.

15 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

The Pian Thai place on Hidalgo has some very pleasant offerings of red, yellow and green curries.

Yes, and they're excellent!  Those are Thai curries not Indian curries.  I wouldn't expect Indian curry in a Thai restaurant.  Curry is not Curry.

I'm gonna have to say, my friend, that since the place is named Pian Thai, it might be clear that it is not serving Indian curry. However, I must ask: when you say curry is not curry, did you drop something off the end of the sentence?

28 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

I'm gonna have to say, my friend, that since the place is named Pian Thai, it might be clear that it is not serving Indian curry. However, I must ask: when you say curry is not curry, did you drop something off the end of the sentence?

I think he should have said...."All curry is not made the same"?

22 hours ago, suegarn said:

I think he should have said...."All curry is not made the same"?

That's probably what it was, and so true. But no matter the origin, India or Antartica, a  good curry is a good curry. And I am making some this weekend, so there.

On 20/07/2017 at 1:26 PM, CHILLIN said:

Maybe a good place to post this NPR piece on "Khichuri". Easy to make, safe to store in the fridge, then to the takeaway for the addons. Very healthy.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2017/07/20/527945413/khichuri-an-ancient-indian-comfort-dish-with-a-global-influence

Do you know where you can buy moong dal (split yellow mung bean) locally?   Recipe sounds great!   Thanks for sharing it.

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

The Indian Curry place in the Laguna Mall fast food court located in SAT is open and doing a rip snortin' business as of 1 p.m. today

So.......from the rip snorting business of those who tried it:  How was it?

On 7/20/2017 at 7:51 AM, dave0415 said:

Ask a Real Estate agent. They all say SAT not Ajijic. Google is often incorrect.

Actually that map is not totally correct SAT goes all the way up to the firehouse and includes the fraccs on the libremiento. It goes east as far as Chula Vista and Mirasol. SAT is much bigger than people realize. I believe the fracc, Mirasol, is part of Riberas and the one on the west, La Floresta, is part of Ajijic.

2 hours ago, gringal said:

So.......from the rip snorting business of those who tried it:  How was it?

Maybe none of them even know that this forum exists. Imagine, people actually eat and enjoy not based on our opinions :rolleyes:

After enjoying almost daily meals of GREAT Indian food while in Geneva last week, I am dying for another Indian food fix.  Will definitely go there tomorrow and report back.  So excited!

Valerie :)

Archived