Chapala.com Webboard

Elegante on Constitucion

liquipure

This is the latest review taken from the Gringos Ajijic and Lakeside Foodies Facebook page.....it sounds wonderful!

"Four for dinner at Elegante tonight at 5:00 p.m. We were all very happy with our choices. J and B shared the baked Brie and loved it, R had the seared tuna appetizer ( large enough to be ordered as a main if you wish) my Caesar salad was perfect and large enough to share, two of us had rack of lamb, one had fish and one had pasta with grilled chicken. One tiramisu and four spoons. Perfect service by Julio. Good service is very important. 
If they only knew this review comes from a woman who dislikes almost every restaurant in Ajijic, they would really be flattered!
We have a house here and in Baja and the restaurants here often don't measure up. With the addition of this one and the one almost across the street, things are really looking up!!!"

Go to the Lakeside Restaurant/ Bistro Happenings" sub-forum, scroll down and you will find a post started by the restauranteur titled "Elegante." Further in that thread you will find the menu posted. 

EDITED: a screenshot of that post follows

5 hours ago, Elegante said:

Thank you for the lovely review, Suegarn.  We are so glad you enjoyed the food and service.  We hope to see you and your friends again soon.

It's not MY review.  Sorry if you misunderstood.  I stated in my post that I copied it from the Gringos Ajijic and Lakeside Foodies Facebook page.  But I definitely want to have dinner there very soon!

You menu shows Rack of Lamb, one of my spouse's favorites.  So far, we have been disappointed in the dish offered elsewhere, so here's the question:  What is the source of your rack of lamb?  New Zealand lamb or ?  We have a special occasion coming up......

Gringal, if Costco has it and the price stays reasonable, it will be Costco which I believe has lamb  from Australia. The racks we have sold this week have been from both Costco and a local supplier. We will be getting more from Costco tomorrow.

Can't wait to try it Elegante! I'm not that particular about lamb provenance as long as it's good!

Constitución #59, Ajijic, means not much to me, and I used to live a few blocks away. Are you between Galeana and Javier Mina on the mountain side? Where Jardín de Ninette used to be?

Just trying to help others locate your restaurant. See you soon.

2 hours ago, Travis said:

Can't wait to try it Elegante! I'm not that particular about lamb provenance as long as it's good!

Constitución #59, Ajijic, means not much to me, and I used to live a few blocks away. Are you between Galeana and Javier Mina on the mountain side? Where Jardín de Ninette used to be?

2 hours ago, Travis said:

Not sure how I got a double post..( sorry) ... but is Jardin de Ninette who was on the mountain  side gone now ?   

11 minutes ago, Elegante said:

Yes we are between Galeana and Javier Mina mountain side. This location was formerly Alma's Dress Shop (or something like that)

In the block East past the new Just Chillin location.  Look for the Penguin and keep going.

1 minute ago, Xena said:

Now I am totally confused. Just Chillin is on the mountain side?

Just Chillin's new location is on the Lake side of the street. Keep going East.  Elegante is on the mountain side of the street. Light gray building; black door, big number 59.

Archived