Chapala.com Webboard

More comfortable shoes

I'm always looking for comfortable shoes here. Never tried sketchers but, based on the above I'm going to give them a try. I've ordered shoes and slippers through LLBean and Amazon on several occasions with never a problem. They have been delivered by DHL direct to my home address in Chapala. Usually I order Amazon stuff through Amazon US. However this time the sketchers I wanted from Amazon US were not available for shipping to Mexico. Went onto Amazon Mexico and the exact pair I wanted were available as IMPORTS SHIPPING FROM THE US. Have already received an email from DHL saying that they will arrive Monday. Looks like Amazon is trying to push more business through their Mexican operation. And this time the prices in pesos and dollars were comparable.

20 hours ago, losgatos said:

I'm always looking for comfortable shoes here. Never tried sketchers but, based on the above I'm going to give them a try. I've ordered shoes and slippers through LLBean and Amazon on several occasions with never a problem. They have been delivered by DHL direct to my home address in Chapala. Usually I order Amazon stuff through Amazon US. However this time the sketchers I wanted from Amazon US were not available for shipping to Mexico. Went onto Amazon Mexico and the exact pair I wanted were available as IMPORTS SHIPPING FROM THE US. Have already received an email from DHL saying that they will arrive Monday. Looks like Amazon is trying to push more business through their Mexican operation. And this time the prices in pesos and dollars were comparable.

It could be the vendor in Mexico buys from Sketchers in the U.S. and orders them. The Amazon vendor in the U.S. is not shipping e through the Amazon warehouse and can't ship to Mexico. If you aren't getting orders from the U.S. Amazon warehouse, you will pay an astronomical charge for shipping.

Archived