Chapala.com Webboard

Apple TV. Or Roku

Kyle

My Android Kodi Smart TV box has been having so many addons stop working this last several days since Dish is in the process of suing the Kodi addon ZEM TV. It seems addon originators are pulling the plug waiting to see the outcome of this lawsuit according to long time Kodi experts. I had to reinstall Kodi and select a Kodi build that still is online to get it to work on the addons that are still running, which is quite a few. The previous Kodi build I had wouldn´t open anything and when I went to reinstall it with a reinstall of Kodi it also wouldn´t open. It had pulled the plug also and effected the whole works.

I would go with an Android. Kodi apps are working fine if you do a little youtube and google. Non-Kodi alternative APKs like Mobdro and Terrarium are great with the Android boxes. Simple to add with the youtube and google search.

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/second-ruling-stops-sales-of-media-player/

"Media conglomerate Televisa has won another legal battle aimed at stopping theft of its cable television content.  For the second time in as many weeks, a Mexico City court has ruled that the importation and sale of Roku digital media players must stop.The ruling on Wednesday came in response to a complaint made by the media company that the set-top boxes are being hacked to enable users to access channels and content to which their pay television subsidiary Cablevisión has exclusive rights."

I have a Roku (I hack) and wish I had an android. Roku is doing countermeasures making my TV watching a pain and android can't be controlled by the manufacturer like a Roku can.

OP,if you like to pay for content and suscriptions, Apple TV is your way to go.

Roku is a good option, but I have heard the best option is to buy an Android box and hack it to install Kodi .

46 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

OP,if you like to pay for content and suscriptions, Apple TV is your way to go.

Roku is a good option, but I have heard the best option is to buy an Android box and hack it to install Kodi .

You don't need to hack an Android box to install Kodi..  You can either buy a box with Kodi already installed or buy a box and go to Ytube and watch one of the tutorials on installing Kodi,..

3 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

You don't need to hack an Android box to install Kodi..  You can either buy a box with Kodi already installed or buy a box and go to Ytube and watch one of the tutorials on installing Kodi,..

I agree with this. Also look up Mobdro (live tv) and Terrarium (movies and tv) APKs. I use the APKs as backup in case the Kodi apps have an issue. Very easy to install.

Archived