Chapala.com Webboard

TEACH ME I--PHONE 6

I need someone to patiently teach me my I-Phone 6. I will pay for your time but I must learn all the functions of the device! I just bought it and have NO ONE who can teach me. I thought the YOU TUBE videos about teaching the device would help BUT they go way too fast and assume you know the names of everything. I DO NOT!

I am not a ditz- I have done Powerpoint in the past, basic computer but it is difficult to find someone to me help with this. There are so many different levels of tech knowledge here. I do not Spanish so it must  be English help.

Thanks!

There are tons of tutorials on You Tube....THEY talk SO FAST AND  it took me 3 times to find out he was saying "screen lock" - it was sounding like "screen LOB!" i DO NOT KNOW THE TERMS, VOCABULARY. i HAVE BEEN ON ALL THE TUTORIALS....HE SPEED TALKS AND ASSUMES YOU KNOW WHAT THE TERMS ARE;

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

No one can learn everything there is to know about an iPhone in one sitting. The same would be true for learning a new language or an application like Excel. You'd be better off learning some basics on your and then use the trial and error method on whatever aspect of the phone is most important or interesting to you

Start with the Apple help site for terminology. iPhone Help

Pick one thing like making a call or setting up  contacts. Read about it, Try it yourself. Don't worrk anout making a mistake. You'll learn and retain more by trying, learning and trying again until successful than you will being told how to do things by a teacher.

Once you master one thing move onto the next. Build upon what you already know and soon you'll realize there is a lot of consistency throughout the product and its apps.  

My "Elder" flip phone was learned in a minute or two.  It faithfully receives and makes calls, it has big buttons and big letters on its screen so I don't have to get out reading glasses to use it.  It is loud so I can hear it without hearing aids on.  The battery last for days.

Best of all, it is dumber than I am. :D

My wife has an Iphone 6 and she refers to me as "that neanderthal I live with."

53 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

My "Elder" flip phone was learned in a minute or two.  It faithfully receives and makes calls, it has big buttons and big letters on its screen so I don't have to get out reading glasses to use it.  It is loud so I can hear it without hearing aids on.  The battery last for days.

Best of all, it is dumber than I am. :D

My wife has an Iphone 6 and she refers to me as "that neanderthal I live with."

Your wife is correct.  That's why I don't have a wife, I don't need to be reminded.

I have found a smart phone makes a great bedside clock.  Big numbers, easy to read.

Other than that, I haven't found much use for one.........

I have been using an iPhone now for about 4 years. I feel like I only use about 25% of what it can do. However, my husband and friends think I'm really good...NOT! I had never had an Apple product before and am self taught. Try things and keep looking around on your phone. I found a free site that emails a "tip of the day." At the end and of the week they email you all the tips they gave you for the week. Here is the one I got for last week. Sign up for it and learn something new reach day. Try not to get frustrated...you're retired. You don't need to know everything about your phone.

Archived