Chapala.com Webboard

Why do the moderators not like discussion regarding crime?

RMGH

I remember a long time ago a small crime that affected a few people got exaggerated to the point that potential visitors to the area might be scared away. It and other small instances would get so exaggerated that it was decided that no crimes could be posted on this board. I too remember that there was some place we could go to make crime comments, but I just don't remember where.

All I know is that TOB has  a section on crime and a section on US politics. The only one that gets a lot of action is the one where they discuss or argue the good and the bad of the US president. And that gets very ugly. The vast majority are attacks on the President

9 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

I think this is bit harsh on Coldwell Banker - if I remember correctly the problem was a lot of innuendo and half truths get flung around. Revisit the pet section on the "Dog Poisoner" thread to see what the problem was.

Yes, you  are correct however, if it could be discussed anywhere, within a reasonable climate, this is the place it should be.  I feel sure the mods would keep it in line.

57 minutes ago, El Menudo said:

It is still there.....crime reporting is not allowed on this board there was a website or something where you could report crime but I think it disappeared a long time ago.

Yes, I missed it.

4 hours ago, El Menudo said:

It is not the moderators.  The board is owned by coldwell banker a real estate company and crime is not good for business.  Not bitching here, just stating a fact that most all are aware of.

Exactly correct.  Admin sets the rules not the mods.

12 minutes ago, el bartman said:

Too often people speculate a crime has been committed, how it was committed, exaggerate, label it as something more heinous than it is.  There is a lot of misinformation that should never appear in print.

Indeed and if crime is your interest,there are plenty of news sites to visit with your friend google translate.

Archived