Chapala.com Webboard

New seafood Restaurant El Timón

Located on the carretera going west just past Maskaras Clinic about 100 meters and in the left (mountain  side). Good food and adult beverages. Specialties include:  shrimp cocktails, fish or shrimp tacos, ceviche de fish or shrimp y aguachile. Open daily except Tuesday and the hours are from 12 noon to 7 pm. If busy, we stay open later!  Modest prices!!  Try us, you'll be back!!

IMG_6329.JPG

Taste of Italy (excellent food) is located in Old Town PV next door to Daiquiri Dick's and behind the Blue Shrimp. Their $17 peso margarita is one of the best I've had and no, I have no idea how low cost the tequila they use but the taste is excellent. The Blue Shrimp uses premium tequila, a bigger glass and they bring it to you with everything in it except the tequila. The waiter has the bottle and begins pouring and tells you to let him know when to stop. Nice gimmick but at $150 they can afford to be creative.

If you're going west on the carretera the mountains are on the right, no?

I'm always wary of those "specials" where the customer has to show the flyer at time of ordering.  Is there a difference between a regular margarita and a flyer margarita? Wonder what the margaritas cost without a flyer.

Lexy

There are two places in the restaurant strip at the east end of Chapala Malecon that offer unlimited margaritas with your meal at no charge. These are not high class margs by any means, but the price is right. There is a restaurant in Barra de Navidad that offers multiple flavours of margaritas in a giant chela glass (the kind many places serve shrimp cocteles in) for 50p. The Tres Potrillos restaurant on the highway to Guadalajara, beside the Vicente Fernandez stadium has basically the same margs for $150p. Personally, I think $40p for a marg is playing on the wallets of the local expat crowd, this being lakeside and all. One could then argue about the quality of the tequila, of course.

46 minutes ago, SunshineyDay said:

I walked the block between Moms and Pemex and did not see El Timon?

Were you also looking across to the mountain side? That's where OP says his place is.

Lexy

If you go west of Clinica Maskaras, the mountain side is on your right, not your left. That's important.

if you head east from Clinica Maskaras, on the mountain side of the highway, you will find a un costado of the Poli Acero a short strip mall wherein lies Brisi's restaurant and a rattan furniture place. It would have to be there, I'm gonna say in the little place that has been many restaurants over the years.

On 25/6/2017 at 6:42 PM, Lexy said:

If you're going west on the carretera the mountains are on the right, no?

I'm always wary of those "specials" where the customer has to show the flyer at time of ordering.  Is there a difference between a regular margarita and a flyer margarita? Wonder what the margaritas cost without a flyer.

Lexy

Hello ! It's on the road if you're heading to chapala it's on your left hand

You do not need to present the flyer just mention that you want our promotion! The regular cost is 50 pesos in lemon margarita and 55 pesos in margaritas of flavors.

The promotion only applies in lemon margaritas.

On 26/6/2017 at 0:35 PM, ComputerGuy said:

If you go west of Clinica Maskaras, the mountain side is on your right, not your left. That's important.

if you head east from Clinica Maskaras, on the mountain side of the highway, you will find a un costado of the Poli Acero a short strip mall wherein lies Brisi's restaurant and a rattan furniture place. It would have to be there, I'm gonna say in the little place that has been many restaurants over the years.

If you go road to chapala it is on your left hand we are on road and you will be able to see a sign with our logo

On 26/6/2017 at 0:55 PM, SunshineyDay said:

I just found it whe

On 27/6/2017 at 0:32 PM, artsnob said:

it is a couple miles from Clinica Ajijic so exactly where is it..

re CG said to the EAST of Maskaras clinic.

Is in Riberas del Pilar , a few meters ahead of the clinic maskaras, if you go to chapala is a small business located on the left side

How about "we are between the curves of Chapala and Maskaras Clinic on the mountain side." No need to mention left or right.

That doesn't guarantee half the population still won't have a clue but, hey, you tried. Perhaps you need a "hooker" like the places in SJC? And maybe some nightime topes, whatcha think?

12 hours ago, El Timon said:

Is in Riberas del Pilar , a few meters ahead of the clinic maskaras, if you go to chapala is a small business located on the left side

It is easier to say if it is on the lakeside (south) or mountainside(north) because your directions are from driving from Chapala when we are driving from Ajijic! LOL!    I m thinking  you must be on the lakeside in the 2 story building near Upscale Resale.  The last building on the right as you drive to Chapala from Ajijic.

Archived