Chapala.com Webboard

Seeking a battery charger for electric golf cart.

Why not?  Batteries are batteries, golf cart batteries are just deep draw batteries.  As long as the voltage is correct, any charger should work.

I use a couple deep draw batteries on a UPS and use that WalMart charger to help recharge them after use.  No problem at all.

It's a matter of convenience especially if you have a bank of 8 six volters hooked in series. I also understand but do not know that for longer battery life, I have to charge my deep cell Trojan batteries differently than car batteries if I want to get a longer life out of my batteries. My batteries are used in conjunction with my photovoltaic solar power system to guarantee power 24/7 and the system is programmed during sunny periods to charge these batteries in some manner to help them preserve their operating lives, or so I believe.

There's this guy in La Floresta that seems to have a golf cart for sale quite regularly, on the south side of the carretera not too far before Walmart.  I saw one with a for sale sign sitting in his driveway yesterday.  He might be able to help you.  If you charge all the batteries at once you do need a pretty substantial charger.

Archived