Chapala.com Webboard

kidney beans?

camillenparadise

Camille, in case there are no kidney beans, I've been using La Costeña canned whole bayo beans for making chili.  They're not quite the same color, but they work really well--and they're always available, at any grocery store.  

7 hours ago, More Liana said:

Camille, in case there are no kidney beans, I've been using La Costeña canned whole bayo beans for making chili.  They're not quite the same color, but they work really well--and they're always available, at any grocery store.  

Totally agree with ML. I use them for chili and bean soup. Mine is almost as good as Tony's.

I'm having good luck with a copycat Wendy's chili recipe I found online. It uses onion, green pepper, and celery and comes close to what I remember at Wendy's. I sub a can of whole tomatoes pulsed in the food processor and use the chili season pack that I get from the States and just the Bayos Enteros. Google Is our friend.

3 minutes ago, camillenparadise said:

Minestrone is my friend! Maybe because one of my grandmothers was Eleanora Trotti from Genoa, Italy! I'll let you know how it turns out.....

How about the recipe....LOL

36 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

I'm having good luck with a copycat Wendy's chili recipe I found online. It uses onion, green pepper, and celery and comes close to what I remember at Wendy's. I sub a can of whole tomatoes pulsed in the food processor and use the chili season pack that I get from the States and just the Bayos Enteros. Google Is our friend.

I used to sell Wendy's Chili at the Monday Market and sold out all the time.  The funny thing is that they all thought my name was Wendy! LOL!

13 minutes ago, maw7815 said:

I used to sell Wendy's Chili at the Monday Market and sold out all the time.  The funny thing is that they all thought my name was Wendy! LOL!

Great story!

Archived