Chapala.com Webboard

La Taverna Dei Quattro Mori

Wookie

3 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

We were on Lombok, Indonesia and went to a gorgeous restaurant, very crowded, with locals and lots of Aussies. Everyone seemed to be ordering pizza so we did the same. They were all scarfing down. It came and had no sauce but with a bottle of ketchup. We paid the bill and went for seafood. Tastes seem to differ in different places.

Good choice, just leave and don't try to make everyone else boycott the restaurant. You left Ajijic many years ago. You were a business owner when you were here. Why would you want to hurt a local business?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duh, not trying to hurt a local business. Wondering why a customer would care what another customer does with their food once it's served. Seems to be an awful lot of attention being paid to what others do.

Some may remember a couple from Rancho del Oro, Mike and Rosemary. They were from Texas and hosted a monthly gathering of Texans. He was retired from a large food service company in the US. Whenever they went out he always carried a bottle of A1. One time I asked him why. He said because I like it, do you have a problem with that? No, thank you Mike you just reminded me why I need to mind my own business.

I have no problem with a diner who carries a favorite condiment. Many people carry tiny bottles of Tabasco sauce. Others carry malt vinegar for their fish and chips, or chili oil for their potstickers. This is not the same as criticizing the restaurant for their culinary skill, or expecting the restaurant to change for them.

We shouldn't have a problem with a restaurant that we don't like, regardless of the reason, right? All we do is just not go back.

What does bother me is other plebes, calling me out because to them: I don't appear sophisticated enough to maintain affection for a restaurant that, in their opinion, is "above me". And certainly any place that feels I am not worthy of their business because they are "above me" can keep their precious food to themselves.

1 hour ago, Prudent said:

I have no problem with a diner who carries a favorite condiment. Many people carry tiny bottles of Tabasco sauce. Others carry malt vinegar for their fish and chips, or chili oil for their potstickers. This is not the same as criticizing the restaurant for their culinary skill, or expecting the restaurant to change for them.

Success, we agree!! No problem with a restaurant that chooses not to offer a condiment that they feel doesn't go with their food. No problem with a customer who chooses to BYO and won't be seen as inferior. Sorry it took so long to see where you're coming from.

Archived