Chapala.com Webboard

Most lumps are merely fatty tissue which almost all older dogs exhibit. A good vet  recognizes these and will do nothing, like Dr.Pepe and the vet behind the Chapala Mercado. It's something for the vet to decide and all of them can do what's necessary. My friends have some of their dog's anal glands aspirated from time to time.Don't you have a regular vet?

"Why take chances?" You make it sound as though Ladrone is the only vet who has the knowledge, the expertise, and necessary equipment to resolve this issue. That simply is not true. The doctors Ladrones are very good as are several other vets I know of. There is a sort of cult following for the Ladrones based upon the belief that if they charge double and triple what other vets do they must be the best. That is not always the case. 

2 hours ago, Xena said:

"Why take chances?" You make it sound as though Ladrone is the only vet who has the knowledge, the expertise, and necessary equipment to resolve this issue. That simply is not true. The doctors Ladrones are very good as are several other vets I know of. There is a sort of cult following for the Ladrones based upon the belief that if they charge double and triple what other vets do they must be the best. That is not always the case. 

Since living here I have tried several vets. Each time that I went to someone other then Ladron I had to go to Ladron to solve the problem. Save yourself the first expense. yes, they are cheaper but in the long run you spend more. There  is no one else for my animals.

Nothernewbie, your experience is not the same as mine.  We went to Ladron's for 5 years and paid the high prices thinking they were the best all the time.  Then, one of my dogs became ill, I was told there was nothing that could be done and I would have to put him down soon.  I took him to Dra. Berenice on the Libramiento by Pemex and she diagnosed him with a rare disease, treated him and he lived happily and comfortably for another 5 1/2 years.  Now, I think Dra. Berenice is the best!  

11 minutes ago, nothernewbie said:

Since living here I have tried several vets. Each time that I went to someone other then Ladron I had to go to Ladron to solve the problem. Save yourself the first expense. yes, they are cheaper but in the long run you spend more. There  is no one else for my animals.

That has been your experience. Mine and those of several of my friends has been very different. It is ridiculous to say that Ladron is the only good vet in the area and that his expensive charges must be paid by everyone who wants good vet care for their pets. This is not to say that the Ladrones are not excellent vets but they are not perfect.  Yes, they are by far the most expensive lakeside but there is nothing magical about paying a lot of money. That being said, there are certainly some vets who are more skilled and with better equipment than others. Ladrones are among the best. I just don't happen to believe they are the only vets who can drain an abscess or do a biopsy. 

11 hours ago, Xena said:

That has been your experience. Mine and those of several of my friends has been very different. It is ridiculous to say that Ladron is the only good vet in the area and that his expensive charges must be paid by everyone who wants good vet care for their pets. This is not to say that the Ladrones are not excellent vets but they are not perfect.  Yes, they are by far the most expensive lakeside but there is nothing magical about paying a lot of money. That being said, there are certainly some vets who are more skilled and with better equipment than others. Ladrones are among the best. I just don't happen to believe they are the only vets who can drain an abscess or do a biopsy. 

An all time first for the archives. I whole heartily agree with you with bells on. I don't have dogs but many friends that do and only 1 Gringa,who shops exclusively at Superlake and Costco, uses the Ladrones. A couple that have 6 street rescues used the Ladrones only at the beginning of their arrival here 11 years ago. Not a good experience for their oldest dog. Any vet can drain an abscess and do a biopsy. My friends use both Eric and Pepe for all their vet needs. Both do house calls and Eric even delivers the big bag of dog food to their casa.

Archived