Chapala.com Webboard

More airport problems

Based on what I read.

The government has paid at least twice for the land. Once when the airport was built and they paid again I believe in 2008. The ejido was paid but it looks as if there were legal problems in the payment process and thus the Ejido because of this error won a judgement against the Federal Government a year ago a believe.

Now that the land is worth alot ( They are saying it is worth $4,000 pesos a meter) it is easy to hire a great lawyer.

( I read a very brief summary of the legal case)

Fun

Who knows who is right and who is wrong but dealing with ejidos is tricky  as they can try to come back for more and they usually win..    Meanwhile it is a problem for everyone..                             

Exactly there is no telling what really happened over the years but one thing is for sure is that there is no status of limitation on ejido so they can settle today and in 50 years they can l made demands... It seems to happen a lot when the land goes up.. it is now happening in Tulum and other places where the land was sold cheap and the values went up... Good luck on finding who is right and who is wrong ..

I have to go pick up a guest for his first trip to Lakeside at 7 PM today and hope they will have gone home to dinner by then.  That has been the case in the past.  He's a Mexican who's been an American citizen for 30 years so the prospect of a delay and traffic jam wasn't foreign to him.  He grew up in Sonora where the Yaquis close down the highway over their water rights from time to time.  I got stuck in that one in 2013 removing my US plated car back to AZ when I went permanente...a two hour detour over rutted mountain roads around Vicam.

Archived