Chapala.com Webboard

The animals of Anita’s sanctuary in San Juan Cosala desperately need your help. Many of you may be familiar with Anita’s Animals which is a dog and cat rescue located on the mountainside of SJC. Anita, the founder has spent most of her life rescuing animals in the Lake Chapala area. Anita’s health now prevents her from attending to her life’s work and she has left Mexico. I am part of a transition team who is working on saving the 70+ dogs and 80+ cats that reside at the sanctuary. The team’s goal is to restructure the organization, build its finances and overhaul the premises so that the homeless and helpless animals of Lakeside can thrive and find safe and loving homes.
This will take several months or longer to accomplish. In the meantime, the animals are in desperate need of food and vet care. The transition team will be at the Wednesday Tianguis in Ajijic to accept donations of food and money and will have a volunteer sign up sheet. Please spread the word. Wednesday June 7th we are collecting donations of food and money to save the animals living at Anita’s Sanctuary. Your help is so greatly appreciated.

If I were lakeside I would help but will be returning later this month when the rainy season starts and I can help then. Did Anita go back to Germany or up North. I hope she is able to come back if only to be able to wish  here well.

Residents of lakeside can purchase food at the Riberas Lakeside friends of the animals pet food store/shelter for Anita's and someone can pick it up there for you. We buy for her on a monthly basis usually the middle of the month but we will stop tomorrow and purchase dog and cat food early.

13 hours ago, Yo1 said:

Here's a link to donate with credit card or PayPal:     http://www.anitasanimals.com/donate.html

Please do not use this account as they do not have access to it. A new website and paypal will be constructed shortly. You can donate at the Ajijic tianguis today or you can purchase food for the animals at the Riberas shelter and it will be picked up. Thank you all for caring and for your help. It is so appreciated.

21 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach said:

Please do not use this account as they do not have access to it. A new website and paypal will be constructed shortly. You can donate at the Ajijic tianguis today or you can purchase food for the animals at the Riberas shelter and it will be picked up. Thank you all for caring and for your help. It is so appreciated.

Thanks for letting us know.

40 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach said:

Too late for me. Made the donation and it is "completed" on PayPal therefore not reversible. Hopefully it will find its way to you eventually.

6 minutes ago, Lost Dog said:

Too late for me. Made the donation and it is "completed" on PayPal therefore not reversible. Hopefully it will find its way to you eventually.

Me too  Presumably Anita will be able to send the donations to the new site - one can only hope.

Regarding the olde Anita's Animals  website and PayPal donation tab that has been used within the last  24 hours  by  4 people.

The   donations have been noted with donor name, $ amount,  and this info has been already been submitted by e-mail  to the Transition team leaders.

This money is available and waiting to be put in Anita's  Bancomer account , accessible  by Anita's daughter Edelweiss,                                                                                              once one of the transition team members  communicates by e-mail to make the money transfer..                                                                                                                                 Hopefully this puts your mind at ease, the money will go where it was intended / donated.

Thank you for caring about Anita's Animals.

Thank you Jackie for informing all concerned. I spoke to the person heading the transition team and she is hoping to have the new website and paypal account up by this weekend. I would like to thank all the people that have donated. Please remember you can also purchase dog/cat food at the LFA pet/shelter in Riberas.

Further update :

Anita's original / olde website will be taken down.  This  will also  stop   access to making a donation  to that associated  olde PayPal account.

The olde PayPal account had some "remaining money" that had not be used by Anita.  This money and the 4 donations that were received today  to the  olde PP account have already been moved to Anita's bank account. This money can [ only ] be accessed by Anita's daughter, Edelweiss who will then give that $ to the transition team as they are assuming responsibility for the care of Anita's animals and the associated expenses. An e-mail was sent to the transition team to outline how much money, etc.. this involves.        Anita had given PP cash  to a "pre-transition team person"  to pay expense in her absence - there is a balance of this money. This money will be turned over to the transition team also , to help pay for this week's  shelter expenses and salaries.  

As to wild rumor that are flying around  on other posting sites - Anita is not sick, she is not dying - certainly not  any more than any of us   dying, who are reading the postings  being written or being read and  circulated concerning   her health.  She made a decision to return to her own homeland for her own personal reasons, and possibly have hip replacement surgery while she is home.   It is not beneficial or constructive to  have so many  'chicken little - henny penny ' posting, stories etc.. circulating in our community  or webboards..      The concern  and   focus should be on the care of the animals at Anita's shelter.

Please give this new team a chance to get a bit organized.  There is so much to do and the well being of the animals is their first concern. The new web site and  bio info on the team members will be done soon. Please be patient. You can go to Gringos Ajijic & lakeside on facebook if you want more info. Thank you.

Moderator: While this is a "Furry Friends Issue" it would be beneficial if you leave this topic on the main board for maximum exposure... The other board is doing so....

Archived