Chapala.com Webboard

temporal and TIP deposit

went through temporal process in Texas.also got my 30 day TIP then. Went to INM on May 8.

have not received anything back from INM, and my 30 days on my TIP has expired on May 27th.

will I loose my deposit? am I driving illeagaly with this expired TIP? 

This is my recommendation that I send to all clients. I do live in San Miguel and clients go to Aduana at the QRO airport. Your mileage may differ. I have had no clients who followed this loose their deposit. Those who waited until after TIP expiration lost deposit but kept car legal. I know some will have different opinions but this is MY experience.

My advice is you go to Aduana when you start the process at Inmigracion and again when visa is issued. 

This is the same for your first Temporary Resident visa and for a subsequent renewal. 

Requirements

1.    Original and copy of your passport,

2.    Original and copy of title (Americans) or registration (Canadians),

3.    INM notification visa process is started which is the page with the NUT number which starts with six 0’s,

4.    Page from which windshield car permit was removed.

5.    Complete a letter, which Aduana in Queretaro usually provides. 

4 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

First, I have never heard of a 30-day tip, so my answer normally would be:

No, your deposit is good for 180 days. And your TIP is in effect as long as you have some kind of INM papers indicating you are en trámite. After 180 days, you do lose your deposit, but it does not matter as long as you have your papers.

All TIPs and FMM's when entering with a pre-approved visa are to be for 30 days. This includes a PR pre-approval. If TIP was ordered on line I have seen pre-approved TR's incorrectly issued a 180 day TIP. I would ignore the above post.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived