Chapala.com Webboard

Lyme Disease

Frijoles

If you googgle Lyme disease in Mexico it seems that they had a case reported in Mexico City by a woman who was camping in a forest La Marquesa and then another woman got it in Quintana Roo..although there are reports who say there is no Lyme disease in the tropics....

Thanks bmh. For years they said there was no Lyme in Canada but now it's becoming quite a problem in many areas. Was it always there and now is spreading, or has it been recently introduced? A friend in Queretaro found two small bull's eye rashes on her face and several days later a dead tick in her ear. Her US doctor told her to get on antibiotics asap. The antibiotics have awful side-effects, but she thought Lyme would be worse. This is what prompted my question.

I have read here and there about people contracting it inMexico, mostly people who go camping in the woods, horseback riding etc.. It does not seem to be a big problem but who knoes..I also wonder if we have bug that would leave the same tell tell signs after biting but it is good to check with a doctor if you see rings around insect bites..

Archived