Chapala.com Webboard

Nina is missing, help, please

Hoping someone might have seen “Nina” and picked her up this afternoon.  Carpenters are working in our house on Javier Mina (just below Gossip’s Restaurant) today and it seems they left the door cracked open to the street and now Nina is missing.  They think they remember seeing her there this afternoon around 1 pm but when my limpiadora returned to the house about 4 pm, she was gone.

I’ve asked the neighbors and we’ve searched the area calling for her but no sign of her yet.  She’s sandy colored and very small (about 4 lbs.)  She is a deer head Chihuahua and friendly.  She’s wearing a red harness but unfortunately no name tag.  Gabriella (our limpiadora) is devastated and understandably upset.

If any of you happened to be in that area this afternoon and saw her, please let me know.  I will also post this on chapala.com web board in the hopes that someone thought she was abandoned or in danger and has taken her in until finding her owner.

Many thanks,
Val Jones

Yes, we are!  She's such a tiny little girl, sweet and adorable.  So far we are happy that we haven't found a carcass but concerned that someone may have taken her thinking she doesn't have a permanent home since there wasn't a tag on her harness.  I feel terrible as I'd told Gabriella (our friend and limpiadora) that we'd get Nina a proper dog tag with contact info in the coming week.

Gabriella is convinced that since there's no body, someone has taken her from the sidewalk to claim as their own.  She mentioned that many have passed by on Javier Mina asking if she'd like to give Nina away.  I'm hoping someone has swooped her up to care for her until her owner can be found.

Thanks, again, for all who are keeping an eye out for her.

Valerie :(

You might try putting up posters in Spanish in the neighborhood, with a photo if possible, and offer a reward. That way the word will spread.

Get the neighborhood kids to help find her.  If she was picked up by other children, they will know and squeal for a few pesos.  It worked for us once & we got our little dog back dripping wet from a bath and without her collar.  Kid got twenty pesos and was happy; as were we.

I would think that the little ones are the first ones  that are picked up because they are not scary and they are cute. SHe probably is safe with someone.. Now the trick is to find out who has her.

I ended up with a chihuahua that was an escape artist.. No one ever claimed her from the people who picked her up because they throught there would be a reward.. No one ever put out a reward either.. WHile in Chiapas she escaped and within a minute a little girl picked her up and I found her walking the street the next day .on a leash with the little girl.  She had a tag on but that did not make a difference because the people wanted to keep her.

Does she know the way back where she lives?

She is around and safe.. it is a question of time before you find her. Good luck.

Thanks for all the info. and great ideas.  We're working on all of them!  Luckily, we haven't found a carcass so we are all hopeful that someone has picked her up and is keeping her safe.  Doing flyers now in English and Spanish and offering a reward.  I like the idea of asking the kids and paying them a fee for finding her.

Many thanks!

Valerie :)

She disappeared from Javier Mina 37A.  This is just 2 doors down from Gossip's Restaurant on the corner/Carretera.  My guess is she went down towards the lake as opposed to up towards the Carretera.  The phone number is 766-2883 if anyone sees her or has information regarding her whereabouts.

Many thanks to everyone who is helping,

Gabriella and a neighbor posted flyers yesterday, the Vet. on the corner hasn't seen her BUT Gabriella and her son are pretty sure they heard her barking Sat. and Sun. nights.  Nothing last night.  We are all beginning to believe a neighbor has picked her up and doesn't plan to return her.  This afternoon, they are going to go door-to-door with a tearful grandson.  Hopefully, that'll help them have a change of heart.

Really appreciate all the help from everyone!  Many thanks!

Archived