Chapala.com Webboard

GOOD NEWS ABOUT THE NOISE

ezpz

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how you looked @ this thread?? hello!!! read it. noise filth noise filth. what you YOU sorry about? do tell. maybe this place needs a remarketing slogan? the "paradise" angle did not age well. yes this comment is very "called for"!

Truthfully I can't imagine a domicile above either the theater or the gym.  The theater rocks the gym pretty good and they do have later night showings.  It looks like the alleged apartment would be right over top of the auditoriums.  Future residents, if any, may be deaf but that won't help with the vibrations. :)

in my 16 years here we have made good progress on both noise and litter. There is a new ordinance about to float, similar to Guadalajara and Zapopan, for noise. There has been quite a bit of voluntary progress.

Groups are making presentations in schools on littering and kids are making progress. Groups are adopting areas to work on litter.

People are picking up after their dogs.

Is it perfect - 100%? NO - but, where is it?

harry, so much of the litter is from the weekends, holidays, vacation weeks. it would serve the area better to request additional garbage trucks & earlier pickups. best to take dogs where there are bushes, or lots.

2 hours ago, HarryB said:

in my 16 years here we have made good progress on both noise and litter. There is a new ordinance about to float, similar to Guadalajara and Zapopan, for noise. There has been quite a bit of voluntary progress.

Groups are making presentations in schools on littering and kids are making progress. Groups are adopting areas to work on litter.

Harry I agree to a point but I believe we've been going backwards for the last few years and particularly lately.

It isn't because you and Hector didn't give it your best efforts, that's for sure.

Hope your new place is working out well for you.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 9:18 AM, Aquaponicsman said:

There is now a company selling really nice mobile stages so anybody can set up a Fiesta anywhere at any time -- in any vacant field, at the end of any street, in any park, in any neighborhood!

Regardless of anybody's opinion on noise, you gotta admit, this is a very well done portable stage.

OMG!    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

On 6/1/2017 at 4:36 PM, HarryB said:

EZPZ cited some of the progress. I hope no one thinks these things happened on their own. Many hours went into making them happen!

And TX for your help in these matters, Harry!

On 5/31/2017 at 5:38 PM, ComputerGuy said:

2. ezpz, show me how you came to believe they actually stopped the upstairs bar to convert it to a gym and then reintroduce the bar. Sorry, that gym was built to be a business, period.

3. The idea that bands do not have enough tecnical savyy to turn down sound, but do have enough tech savvy to buy this equipment in the first place, is so far-fetched that there are no words to describe it.

2.  Timing of events you are not aware of

3.  Sorry to sound like I am tooting my own horn but I have almost 20 solid years of full time professional performance experience in disco funk house bands, gospel, studio backup singing, writing and recording (pre digital) and producing my own songs, major hotel shows plus 10 years of symphony experience, so I do know a few things about music and sound technicalities and aesthetics.  The two have to work together for optimum results.

I have heard numerous completely clueless "sound checks" from my house.  I can't believe it, they don't know what to do once the cables are connected.  That is just the beginning!  I have talked with several involved parties and it was easy to see they knew absolutely nothing about using sound equipment.  They don't even know sound waves travel!!  Or the acoustic science implications of that.  Wasting great amounts of money on oversized equipment is a major tip off  of lack of experience.  Sound equipment is not a toy to be played with at whim.

That puts me in great culture shock because I have only worked with professional if not world class people all of whom knew the drill.  Here, it seems no one does.

On June 1, 2017 at 2:07 PM, HarryB said:

FIRST OF ALL LET ME MAKE IT CLEAR I'M A PATRON OF THE BARS.

In my 11 yrs here Harry has done nothing about the noise.. If you research previous threads on noise you will read how he tells us the Mexicans are complaining about the noise, they are getting up a petition to take to the administration....  Well what happened to the petition..??????

He will tell you "We stopped the loud music in this or that place. bar". BS... he or the noise police did nothing.

The reason the music stops is the bands move on, get a better offer to play somewhere else.. Or we got them install soundproofing.. More BS. they put a roof on because we seem to be getting more rain now and they were losing business.

They held a meeting which I believe was at MC's place..a couple of people showed up. If it was such a concern what happend to all the people..? The truth being it only concerns a few old gringos who want to roll up the carpet and turn off the lights at 9pm, 8pm on a weekday.

They were going to organize noise  patrols in the different neighborhoods so if they heard people enjoying themselves they had the phone number of someone in the Chapala administration who would then send in the police to break up the fun.

What ever happend to that... Could Harry or MC respond..?

I LIVE BEHIND THE PEMEX NOW, SO I HEAR NOISE.

When I moved to Mexico I realized it wasn't going to be like living in "Any town Idaho" And that I would have to deal with the issues or go home.

I have never felt it was my place to try and change the culture. If you read the post of a few weeks ago. One of the gringos on this board wanted to stop the tradition of serenading Mexican mothers early on Mother's Day.

In my travels through Mexico I haven't found Ajijic to be any noisier than other places.

Well actually we had quite a roomful at that meeting, mostly Mexican, but don't let that slow you down with your yarn spinning.  And the rest of that bit about organizing patrols is definitely something going on only in your own mind.

Which culture is being changed?  The one before all this noise amplification and bars catering to mainly old deaf gringos who like to hang out in bars?

Maybe you need to go to Zopopan and lecture those Mexicans about changing your fantasy of what their culture is.  Or don't stop there, go to Mexico City and lecture the Mexicans who enacted the noise laws.  Clearly you understand Mexican culture much better than the Mexicans do.

I'd talk to you personally about this but you're probably quite deaf by now hanging out in bars and listening to 100db + bad music. :D

Interesting news here as Zopopan apparently is trying to get rid of Mexican culture:

http://www.informador.com.mx/jalisco/2017/724403/6/zapopan-clausura-12-establecimientos-por-exceso-de-ruido.htm

ZAPOPAN, JALISCO (04 / JUN / 2017) .- In the last three days, the City of Zapopan has closed 12 establishments that exceeded the limit of noise allowed, as well as operation after hours in some cases.

The Inspection Directorate of the municipality explained that on June 1, 2 and 3, there have been closings in establishments such as gyms, restaurants, food sales with beer, events hall, and a dance academy.

The nerve of those Mexicans!

:D

4 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Well actually we had quite a roomful at that meeting, mostly Mexican, but don't let that slow you down with your yarn spinning.  And the rest of that bit about organizing patrols is definitely something going on only in your own mind.

Which culture is being changed?  The one before all this noise amplification and bars catering to mainly old deaf gringos who like to hang out in bars?

Maybe you need to go to Zopopan and lecture those Mexicans about changing your fantasy of what their culture is.  Or don't stop there, go to Mexico City and lecture the Mexicans who enacted the noise laws.  Clearly you understand Mexican culture much better than the Mexicans do.

I'd talk to you personally about this but you're probably quite deaf by now hanging out in bars and listening to 100db + bad music. :D

How come your allowed to make sarcastic comments  like "with your yarn spinning" and "Clearly you understand much better than Mexicans do" and others aren't...?  And what a nasty comment "Your probably quite deaf by now"

Oh!!!I forgot you like to play God on this board, and censor everything you doesn't agree with your point of view.. 

What you say happens in other areas of Mexico is not relevant because it's not happening here..

Where are all these Mexicans you say are protesting the noise. ? 

What upsets you is that you purchased a cheap house across from a bar/restaurant.  It had music before you bought there... Why do think it was so cheap.. It was across from a music venue...  And before you say it wasn't ..I've been here longer than you, and remember when we used to go there on a Wednesday night for dancing after "Amigo's" ... And Friday or Saturday night for Mexican music... In those days there were fewer venues for dancing...

7 hours ago, ezpz said:

2.  Timing of events you are not aware of

3.  Sorry to sound like I am tooting my own horn but I have almost 20 solid years of full time professional performance experience in disco funk house bands, gospel, studio backup singing, writing and recording (pre digital) and producing my own songs, major hotel shows plus 10 years of symphony experience, so I do know a few things about music and sound technicalities and aesthetics.  The two have to work together for optimum results.

I have heard numerous completely clueless "sound checks" from my house.  I can't believe it, they don't know what to do once the cables are connected.  That is just the beginning!  I have talked with several involved parties and it was easy to see they knew absolutely nothing about using sound equipment.  They don't even know sound waves travel!!  Or the acoustic science implications of that.  Wasting great amounts of money on oversized equipment is a major tip off  of lack of experience.  Sound equipment is not a toy to be played with at whim.

That puts me in great culture shock because I have only worked with professional if not world class people all of whom knew the drill.  Here, it seems no one does.

2. How would you know? You don't know me and you certainly don't know who I know.

3. I owned a recording studio for years, was a road manager for a popular local band in Ottawa, and was in the Radio, Film, Stage and TV industries. You are suggesting that everyone in the music biz in this country is stupid. ?

2 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

How come your allowed to make sarcastic comments  like "with your yarn spinning" and "Clearly you understand much better than Mexicans do" and others aren't...?  And what a nasty comment "Your probably quite deaf by now."

Oh!!!I forgot you like to play God on this board, and censor everything you doesn't agree with your point of view.. 

What you say happens in other areas of Mexico is not relevant because it's not happening here..

Where are all these Mexicans you say are protesting the noise. ? 

What upsets you is that you purchased a cheap house across from a bar/restaurant.  It had music before you bought there... Why do think it was so cheap.. It was across from a music venue...  And before you say it wasn't ..I've been here longer than you, and remember when we used to go there on a Wednesday night for dancing after "Amigo's" ... And Friday or Saturday night for Mexican music... In those days there were fewer venues for dancing...

Sorry for the sarcasm, I over reacted to your made up stories about the meeting that you weren't at and God only knows where you got the patrol idea.  Apologies.

Just reminding you once again as others have tried to do that the loud gringo bar music is not Mexican culture as you keep trying to assert in post after post.  Sorry, but it is a fiction as most Mexicans don't like it any more than many of us do.  Clearly it is your culture and a few others around here but it isn't MEXICAN culture.  

The fact this municipio doesn't deal with this problem along with a bunch of others doesn't mean the majority here like it.   Heck, Chapala can't even pick the trash up regularly let alone deal with other environmental problems.  Other, better run municipios are dealing with it as continued reports confirm.  

The noise makers go where they can get away with it.  For now, that is here.

OK, we've swapped barbs.  Enough of that and BTW, houses on this block ain't cheap including this one and your incorrect information about that too can be added to the rest.  Suggest you do some checking before you post that one again.  Feel free to check with Kevin Collins.  Tell him I said it is OK to set you straight.

:D

telZ4, run this by us again: zapopan & mex city: not mexican culture? but the bar in ajijic is? how is that? mex city & zapopan is just like idaho? you mean, the only quiet residential places in the world are in idaho? you should get out more. MC called it right.

comment 2, telZ4 not all of mexico/mexicans (or ajijic for that matter) is a honky tonk low down garbage infested dump just waiting for old expats to hangout @ bars. cheap shot. insulting to the higher culture.

Archived