Chapala.com Webboard

Costco bringing Gas Stations to stores in Mexico

Here in Seattle I am only 4 miles from Costco where their gas prices are close to if not the lowest in town, In Ajijic I have to drive 40 miles to the closest Costco and only go there maybe every other month.  The one thing I know is that once my Guadalajara Costco starts selling gas I will try to fill up there every time I go, but I wont drive there just for gas.

Well I had better stop posting as (No Joking) I'm about to drive to Costco Seattle for a few items and a great hotdog lunch.

Privatizing Pemex sure won't harm Mexico.  It is nothing but a piggy bank for its unions and executives.

Paying a buck fifty U.S. more for gas in Mexico than the U.S. is bad for Mexico.

CFE isn't much better.  How anyone could look at Pemex, CFE, PetroBras, and Venezuela and think government should be in the energy business really escapes me.

This reference is more an Op Ed and a political rant than it is a piece of serious analysis.  He's right, though, the oligarchy will probably end up owning the thing like they did TelMex.  Whoops, phone service is cheap and a whole lot better than when the government ran that too.

Having more gas stations selling the same wholesale priced gasoline isn't going to help much.  What has to happen is the supply and refining end of things need to be in the hands of real business people, not a bunch of bandits as it is now.

2 hours ago, ficklepie said:

Let's hope they don't spread to Jalisco! If you want to harm Mexico, buy your gas from Costco. And shame on any of you who do.

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/analysis/James-Cypher-Mexican-President-Turns-Pemex-into-Ponzi-Scheme-20160311-0042.html

Ficklepie, I don't ever contribute to any horribly crooked organization (other than the IRS) if I can keep from it. After way too many years of driving 150-200K miles a year, I have bought way too much gasoline (28,000 liters a year). I will drive extra miles just to buy from the lowest price to punish those who over charge. At least a third of what you spend with Pemex goes to liicit activites. We learned last week that most of the gasoline thefts from pipelines is perpatrated by current and ex employees of Pemex. Rewarding those who run and efficent ship and can therefore sell for less should be rewarded. The Pemex union leaders make tens of millions of dollarsand I refuse to contribute to that if there is any alternative. Several notteno oil companies say they intend to import their own fuel from US refineries. What with the excellent service the airlines give I'll keep driving as long as possible.

Archived