Chapala.com Webboard

Canadian seeking a casa, casita or apartment to rent

Looking to rent a fully furnished casa, casita or apartment in Lake Chapala or Ajijic from December 2017 – April 2018 (dates can be flexible), preferably in a secured gated community and within a reasonable walking distance to town, or central plaza. I am fit and enjoy a good walk. Would like something in the $500-$600 range.

About me: I’m a Canadian writer, responsible, reliable, quiet, an avid gardener, yoga practitioner and meditator. I spent last winter in Tequisquiapan in a two bedroom casa and am interested in exploring Lake Chapala and Ajijic. I am a recent Lake Chapala Society member and look forward to getting involved in the community.

Please contact me at: cwagner@yorku.ca or via phone: 001-416-538-2644

14 hours ago, Colleen Wagner said:

Looking to rent a fully furnished casa, casita or apartment in Lake Chapala or Ajijic from December 2017 – April 2018 (dates can be flexible), preferably in a secured gated community and within a reasonable walking distance to town, or central plaza. I am fit and enjoy a good walk. Would like something in the $500-$600 range.

About me: I’m a Canadian writer, responsible, reliable, quiet, an avid gardener, yoga practitioner and meditator. I spent last winter in Tequisquiapan in a two bedroom casa and am interested in exploring Lake Chapala and Ajijic. I am a recent Lake Chapala Society member and look forward to getting involved in the community.

Please contact me at: cwagnerat or via phone: 001-416-538-2644

Your phone # in Toronto starts with 1 not 001 and so that you don't get spammed use [at] instead of @ in your e-mail

Secured = Condominio, rather than Fraccionamento and are generally not within easy walking distance of the central plazas.

Fraccionamentos are open to public traffic, may be a bit closer, but not much.

I think you mean “in Chapala or Ajijic“, as “in Lake Chapala“ would be a bit wet.  ;)

For longer walks, you could include San Antonio or La Canacita.

You are looking for a high-season rental, so comitting early will be an advantage.  Of course, the best approach is to be in the area and looking for signs and notes on bulletin boards.

Good luck in your search.

13 hours ago, ned small said:

Your phone # in Toronto starts with 1 not 001 and so that you don't get spammed use [at] instead of @ in your e-mail

If someone is calling that number from here in Lakeside, then she is correct in adding the 001.  If you dial 1 and then her number from here, it won't go through.  

Dialing 001, then the area code and number is a free call if you're on the Telmex plans that have unlimited free calls to Mexico, U.S. and Canada, no matter which of those countries that you're in at the time with your Mexican cellphone!

10 hours ago, suegarn said:

If someone is calling that number from here in Lakeside, then she is correct in adding the 001.  If you dial 1 and then her number from here, it won't go through.  

Dialing 001, then the area code and number is a free call if you're on the Telmex plans that have unlimited free calls to Mexico, U.S. and Canada, no matter which of those countries that you're in at the time with your Mexican cellphone!

Lo siento,you are correct. I tried calling my Vonage phone with my Telmex landline using 1 and it didn't work.

Just a thought.

Eldorado, Cielovista , Birds of Paradise and Riviera Alta are all gated and easy walk to Walmart and Superlake for few groceries. Definitely walkable to Ajijic. CVN is little further and hilly but we rented there couple of times and walked everywhere or took a bus. We  knew the Guadalajara bus schedule going up libramiento and the bus always stopped for us in front of the gates. One has to wave for him to stop or  ask when getting out because it is not a bus stop. Unfortunately, I do not think there is much in the price range of $500 to $600 in these areas in winter season. So probably no use to even mentioning them unless someone has a small casita on the property willing to rent for that price. it is not impossible but unlikely.

Colleen, I would not be worry to rent outside of gated community. Most properties in town have high walls, decorative bars  and are generally pretty safe . Good luck in your search. Ajijic is a very vibrant community. I am sure you will love it. Seems like you will fit right in. (from your description)

Many times we had good response from this site. Most people here are very helpful (no matter what others say).

Archived