Chapala.com Webboard

Best place to buy TV's

I like Costco. The prices are quite good there. Another outlet whre the prices are not quite as good is WallMart.

EDIT I cant believe it. When I started writing this post there were no answers and by the time I pushed submit or save I was the third person making a suggestion :)    Oh and we all liked Costco

3 minutes ago, Al Berca said:

Costco for top of the line and highest prices. Locally, WalMart and Soriana have best prices and reasonable quality. My little 32 inch Sanyo purchased as a clear out at our local WalMart over 5 years ago continues to work flawlessly.

I'm with Al.

We bought a Samsung Smart TV 55" curved screen from Walmart.  Priced the same one at Costco and it was less at Walmart.  They delivered and we set it up, no problem.  The man that was working in that department in Walmart seemed as knowledgeable as the sales people at Best Buy and was helpful in our deciding which tv we wanted.  

We purchased our Samsung at Coppel, in Chapala. They delivered and set it up for us. We had looked at other sources, but found better smart models at Coppel a few years back.  We still have that TV, now, in Tucson.

Liverpool - use their "Click & Collect" to receive really great discounts.

21 hours ago, Wookie said:

We bought a Samsung Smart TV 55" curved screen from Walmart.  Priced the same one at Costco and it was less at Walmart.  They delivered and we set it up, no problem.  The man that was working in that department in Walmart seemed as knowledgeable as the sales people at Best Buy and was helpful in our deciding which tv we wanted.  

Please note that the items sold  at Walmart may "appear" to be the same as the Brand seen elsewhere, it doesn't necessarily have the same specifications. Walmart sells items made specifically to meet their price points; therefore although the same model #, different dash # may be slightly different, not the same item.

Alpha1 is correct, but that does not mean the devices are inferior. It means they are lacking some features, most notably the number and type of connections on the back/side panel. The screens within a lineup are the same; the lower-priced models in that lineup just don't have fancy add-ons. And these are not important to the vast majority of buyers. As long as you have enough HDMI ports for your devices (cable/sat box and DVD/BluRay), and a USB port to play music and movies directly, even a guy like me doesn't need much else these days.

(Speakers are pretty crumby throughout the range, until you get to the "phile" level).

I should also point out that almost all appliances, from washing machines to microwaves, use the same marketing techniques.

Costco is super high on prices for TV's we bought at least 8 TV's from Zenda store in Guadalajara and they were much cheaper than anywhere else and no one had any problems with their Tv's.

A few weeks ago, my husband and I bought a 39" HD Hisense television at Muebles Americas on the main drag in Chapala, just past the square on the right.  Price was a  primary issue for us, but we knew that if there were any problems, Walmart would be a nightmare to try to get any recourse.  Muebles Americas has a great warranty (I think it's two years), and the very helpful sales person opened the box to make sure all contents were there, as well as to check that the screen was not broken.  The quality seems just fine to both of us, so no complaints there.  It was 4,600 pesos!

i purchased an $8,000p soundbar at WalMart some months back. Last one in stock. On sale for $7,000p. It was not up to my standards. Returned it the next day and was asked if I preferred a WalMart cash card, or money. I chose money.

This is not the first time I have returned items within their 7 or 8 day grace period, and while it may be a boring wait sometimes, I have never had a problem. Sadly, there is nothing interesting or special about me that would get me special treatment.

Archived