Chapala.com Webboard

On 5/21/2017 at 8:55 AM, betty7 said:

so its a mexican yard man. so much for the big bad expat theory. nothing will happen to him. people who have killed humans walk the streets. where did you hear this story? how do you know its true? did he confess? from what i gather from the posts is that the people higher up dont want to convict him. surprised?

Actually there are apparently a number of copy cats and at least one, who was seen in Chapala Haciendas, was a "big bad expat". It's not over yet.

Thanks again to the folks who are keeping this issue alive.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I well remember that when we had a pet poisoner in the San Antonio area of Lakeside--maybe 5 years ago?--some people got together and bought him a one-way ticket back to Canada and indicated he should not attempt to come to Lakeside again. Not that a geographical cure is going to work, whether the relocation is to Jocotepec or Canada or an atoll in the Pacific.

He was not in San Antonio but on one of the Guadalupe Victoria privada in Ajijic. I know I got a dog out of there because his master was afraid the dog was going to be poisonned...

A photo is just a good start but you need to prove the man put poison down so you need to call the police  to have them pick up the poison meat.. if you pick it up who says it was not you who put the poison down. It is difficult to get proof that will stick in court. The burden of proof is higher here and if the government does not want to bother , it makes getting the guy very difficult.

really think we believe the man was scared of you & used the "one way ticket"? bmh, you are realistic. the photo will identify the person that all. unless he poisons a mexicans dog, it is useless. the mexican has to be a uppermiddle class businessman. then he can have the person put in the holding cell for a few days, or pay them to put him in jail for longer time. city hall is full of it. 

Once again, I ask for a name and a photograph of the "alleged" poisoner.  Now, I'm terrified after reading that he's been transferred to Joco where I take my dogs to the Malecon because of fear of this murderer!  I drive the distance, take the time in an effort to protect my precious babies.  I don't know where to take my fur babies where they can run and stretch their legs.  Yes, I take "poo" bags and yes, I pick up theirs and others when I see them.

Now, it sounds like they're not safe anywhere.  I'm so very sad and frightened.

Sounds like "some in the know" are protecting this individual who has killed many, many dogs in the past 6 months or so.  I do believe there is more than one assassin but this one, in particular, has been particularly deadly in the Ajijic area and if this information is accurate, he/she (Mexican) has been moved to Joco.  I agree that the one in Chapala Haciendas is likely a gringo and should be identified as well.  I understand there's another from the Seis Esquinas area that likes to throw poisoned meat over and under gates/doors.

It's amazing to me that no one seems to have an imagination regarding this situation.  I've seen many toddlers crawling in the grass along the Ajijic and Joco Malecons and recognize how easy it would be for one of them to put this deadly poison into their mouths.  It's not much of a leap from killing dogs/cats to killing children.  In a second a child can put something in their mouths only to find out within seconds, it's poison and they are gone.  It's horrifying!

Thankfully, Jalisco has a law to prosecute, convict and sentence individuals who abuse and kill animals.  Seems more needs to be done to educate people and then enforce these laws.

Something more must be done.

Valerie :(

2 hours ago, gringal said:

"  I don't know where to take my fur babies where they can run and stretch their legs. " (Thevalerieleigh)

There is a nice, enclosed dog park along side the road that goes into La Floresta from the East End. 

That is no longer a dog park.

He is not working in Jocotepec , it is another municipality and he works for the Chapala government. We can´t show his foto because of libel laws, but he works from 6 am to 8 am in front of the Farmacias Guadalajara, is around 60 years old, has a paunch, wears a ball cap.

Taaffe, THANKS so much for your description and location where I may find him.  Is he doing landscaping work there during that time or what type of work?  I want to make certain I see the correct person.

Valerie

5 hours ago, gringal said:

When did it close?  What, if anything, replaced it? Just curious.

Don't know, Gringal. I read about it closing here a couple of weeks ago, I think. Maybe Pat wanted to devote all the property to horses. She raised her prices while making the dog area smaller. Several people I know stopped going there. I guess there is more money in horses than play areas for dogs.

Wow .  There sure are a lot of descriptions of the 'poisoner' .  This is sounding like a lynch mob .   

I admit this is a sick and scary what someone is doing to these dogs , but  pointing out various descriptions of  'suspects'  and where they can be found is almost sounding like vigilantes .  Which is pretty disturbing as well . 

This person that I described has been confirmed by the representative of the Chapala government as the culprit. 

You can't do anything to him, but you can pressure the government to fire him. The question is why they haven't fired him yet. Or put him on ' leave', there must be a reason...

The dog park closed as it was losing money. I believe it costs more to have someone walk the dogs each day than to go to the park, but nobody wants to pay to go and sit in the park. Another problem is there were a series of thefts which resulted in the inability to water the grounds. In addition, her well was polluted, so having the horses there was a problem and, I understand the landlord raised the rent by 25%. I thought it was against the law to raise it more than 10%? At any rate, it is closed at the moment, who knows if she will be able to overcome all these problems.

On 5/29/2017 at 11:06 AM, betty7 said:

xpats telling the gov what to do?? good luck w/that one. time to mind your own business. 

It is my business. I watched my beautiful dog Daisy convulse for 12 hours and die a painful death.

One has to care. Caring is what we do because we are caring humans. It does not matter whether the local govt. cares or not--it does not matter if one is Mexican, Canadian, US, European or whatever. Granted, we cannot always find a solution, but that should NOT discourage us from caring! Taafe, please persevere! This is how change occurs: one determined person, 2 determined people, etc.

Archived