Chapala.com Webboard

Imaging in Joco or Ajijic?

I have to have a thorax x-ray before my oncology appointment in Guadalajara next week.  I can drive to Guadalajara or apparently I can have the x-ray Lakeside, to save myself a trip.  Can anyone recommend an imaging clinic and if so can you tell me if they are likely able to forward the info by the twenty fifth of May if I have it done tomorrow?

14 hours ago, El Saltos said:

CARE next to Maskaras or the new lab next to Quality Care.  You'll have to ask them about forwarding the info.

Things like this and any reports etc., belong to you. No need to forward. He will do it and you pay him and he hands it to you and then you take it to your appointment. Fortunately it's not like NOB here when it comes to your medical treatment. Cruz Roja in Chapala is another option and the radiologist right in Maskaras clinic on the left at the entrance.

The new x-ray equipment at Macaras is digital and they can seamlessly send the results to your doctor electronically quite easily. I don't believe they charge extra for doing so but I could be wrong about that. I personally would want my oncologist to have the most high quality possible as quickly as possible.

I have to have a chest X-ray every 6 months.  I go to Maskaras and Victor, the tech, takes the picture and sends it digitally to a radiologist in Guad.  He gives me the actual film to take to my Dr. and the Radiologists send me a written report within a couple of days, so I have both the original film and also the written report to take to my Dr.  also I get a factura for my Met Life insurance reimbursement.  Just go early enough to give time to get the report from the radiologist.

Thanks all.  I actually had the x-ray done at the Ajijic clinic yesterday and was given the film.  I am hoping that this will be satisfactory for my oncologist next week.  I will have an appointment every three months and maybe next time will try Maskaras if they will forward to the radiologist at the COI center where my appointment is.

Archived