Chapala.com Webboard

Embroidery Thread -- A Certain Color Needed

Hi ~  I am in the late stages of a cross-stitch piece, and I LOST the remainder of a certain very dark green, almost a blackish-green, that I need to finish the piece.  If anyone here Lakeside has some of this color to spare and would be willing to let me take a look to see how it might match, please reply.  I'm not too worried about the brand, just a good match in the color.  Thanks in advance.

Hi Carolina,

I carry around 4 (or more) or nearly every DMC color. If you know the number, please let me know and I'll be happy to give it to you. I had the same thing happen to me and someone also helped me out (and if I could remember her name, I'd sing her praises because it saved my project, too). It's frustrating to nearly finish a project and run out...that's why I have so much of the stuff now!

Tingting, thanx so much for your reply.  Don't know if these particulars will help:  This is a counted cross-stitch "kit" I ordered years ago from The Stitchery, in Massachusetts.  It's a 'Dimensions' brand kit.  Their No. for this Dark Green is #16880.  If you think you may be able to help, I would be happy to come see your Dark Green and pay you for it if I take any.  I did just read this as I was looking for information:  "Our colors are manufactured especially for us and are custom dyed to match the original artwork.  If you need more thread, contact us with the code number & the color name."  So, I may have to resort to this since I stitched 3/4 of the piece using the dark green before I lost the remainder!   :o

Archived