Chapala.com Webboard

June 10-17 in Ajijic

My son and daughter-in-law are coming to town from 10th thu 17th of June. Is that the week's a fiesta in Ajijic? Trying to book them onto a nice hotel without too much noise... just wondering if it's a big celebration week. Can't find anything on events calendar. And if you want to suggest a hotel, please do so. 

Thought the Monte Coxala would be great ... near us... but reviews are not good.

carol

Tres Leones or Nueva Posada. Never stayed at either (no reason since I live here!). Probably the best pick would be something near where you are.

No big fiesta in Ajijic that week.  San Antonio's runs from June 4 till June 13.   Following from Ajijicnews.com

San Antonio’s fiesta concludes June 13 after the traditional 9 days of morning, noon, and night cohetes, masses, prayers, mananitas, processions with native danzantes, with food, drinks, and dancing to the bandas in the evening.  Local lore has it that the final fireworks on June 13 bring on the rainy season – and it happened exactly that way last year!

AjijicMost Patron Saint fiestas have a lovely and dynamic procession before the evening Mass which may be any time from 5 – 7pm.  Things quite down for the Mass, and afterwards, there are food, drinks, and dancing to a professional banda in the plaza starting at 8 or 9 and going into the wee hours.

A couple days later, the San Juan fiesta starts, and then later concludes on June 24.  One really nice thing about these summer fiestas is that the days are much longer, and you can get a great view of the sunset and the lake from the top of the Ferris Wheel, if you are feeling adventurous. 

If you must select only one day to go to a Patron Saint Fiesta, go on the very last day, as the fiestas start small and end big on the last day.

Those two come up as top 5. They are on my list to check out tomorrow. Just don't want to put them in Ajijic if there are fireworks every 6 hours and lots of music noise until wee hours. 

Thanks for the SJC info. Live there, but somehow I always think it starts on the 16th. We just finished our barrio's very small fiesta which had the nightly and early cohetes... but not too bad.

8 minutes ago, gary c. said:

Thanks for the SJC info. Live there, but somehow I always think it starts on the 16th. We just finished our barrio's very small fiesta which had the nightly and early cohetes... but not too bad.

Pls read the info from Ajijicnews.com  

SJC's starts on June 15, ends on June 24. 

San Antonio's starts on June 4, ends on June 13. 

Fiestas are Feast Days of Catholic calendar.  They are always nine days long....they are aka Novenas.  They always END on the Saint's Feast Day. 

Archived