Chapala.com Webboard

Have or will the electric bills come this month....

As I understand it, some people get an electric bill once  per month. I used to. Others receive one every other month. Now the meter readers work all month and read my meter on about the 20th of every  other month and my bill comes a few days later now I person in another part of the town  has his meter read on the 22nd and on and on, The point is it all depends upon  when the meter reader is scheduled for your neighborhood.

Sorry I can not be more specific. Chances are that it will be the same as your next door neighbor, you might want to check with him/her.

We used to get CFE every other month when we lived here 2008-2012; never went into DAC. 

Recently purchased larger home, with pool, more watering needs for landscaping (translates into more water pumping).  The seller's CFE come every month; they were in DAC.  And yes, we will get estimates for solar....soon!

An interesting point. Every morning as I leave the house, I write down my meter settings, Although the bill said they read my meter on the 20th of April, the numbers they entered on my bill match those I recorded on the 17th, not the 20th.  I would love to hear when others have had their meters read, to show that my assumption based on the comment of my neighbor that the meter readers read different meters every day.

I was also told by a solar salesperson that CFE which used to send bills to those of us with solar panels and had small bills monthly yet, many who had very large bills paid every other month.  Then a while back they started billing us low power users every other month and started to bill the heavy users every month,

Was the salesperson correct? It makes sense that they would do this.

I live in west Ajijic.  We moved into the house on March 24th.  Two electric bills were delivered about a week later, but that was for previous tenant, so landlord took those.  Only thing I remember on those is that they were due to be paid by April 17th, so I'm not sure if I am supposed to get anything this month or next.  Going to see if I can find a neighbor to ask and have a call into my landlord.

Thanks for the responses!

Download the CFE Switch app for iPhone or Android and you'll get notification of a bill that's due. You can also download the bill and expose the QR code as well as the bar code which can probably be scanned if you pay at CFE or a place like Oxxo. You can even pay the bill on your phone from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection. Telmex has an phone app also.

The CFE bills come on different schedules depending on where you live and whether you have solar power so best to check with your neighbours.

Archived