Chapala.com Webboard

Lakeside Stream

Just checking with those using Roku Lakeside Stream. Is anyone having buffering problems besides me? Worked great for two weeks and now I have long and short buffering stops on live tv. Done what has been suggested, but on day four of problem. My speed is great... above 7 every time I check.

Carol

I haven't and don't know how to do it. I'll search to see if there is a way. I have turned everything off and restarted the modem. No improvement.

I thought that since they are local they provide service help here. Have you tried? I just ordered a Roku Stick from Mercado Libre ($1200) with the thought of signing up for this service. I am in San Antonio with download speed of 5 (never higher). They say you need a minimum of 2 but if the OP is getting 7 and has problems maybe i should reconsider.

Or maybe this person has a poor quality connection with high packet loss, etc. yet is getting this poor quality signal at 7Mb/sec down. Let us hope your connection works well.

Other factors may be 1) how many people are watching their streams 2) what's their bandwidth situation? I know nothing of this company but couldn't imagine their internet situation being any better than ours?

I have lakesidestream and experience the same problem. It seems to come and go: a few days all clear, then days with buffering.  Seems to be worse on weekends and when watching live sports. I have 10Mb download consistently, but still experience buffering.

It is a somewhat common mistake to assume that 'bandwidth' (5Mb, 10Mb, etc) is the only thing that affects Internet speed.... or said differently 'how Internet performance' might be at any given time. There are a whole host of other things that can and do affect us all.... and from time to time one of more of those things raise their ugly heads and we are left in the slow/jittery lane.

Archived