Chapala.com Webboard

Jocotepec

1 hour ago, bmh said:

Tere are plenty of expats in Joco, just because there are less than in Ajijic does not mean that there are few expats..

Outside of Las Fuentes, how many do you think live in Jocotepec proper?

We have one member who lives in the town proper and could really help out here.  Hope he shows up.

I live in San Juan Cosala. I think Jocotepec is a much nicer town that Ajijic or Chapala or places in between.

I have lived lakeside for close to 17 years and over 12 In Jocotepec. I love it. I live in the second part of Roca Azul. Very isolated and quiet. No neighbors.  Faster for me to get Costco and other good shopping than driving to Ajijic or Chapala.

Sounds nice, Vetteforron!

I'm a desert rat not used to living in towns at all.  Most of the places I have lived, I can have my coffee on the porch in the morning & not a single light could be seen besides my own.  It feels a bit like I'm living in a bee hive - surrounded by busy people going about their lives.  Hearing the carpool arrive for the lady next door...  There's a whole rhythm to it.

Today, family from this street & others nearby arrived early to swarm on mama across the street & get her day off to a good start...  :D  They sang to her & clapped & all that - then started breakfast.  Noise was not annoying, tho.  I just thot - "how sweet!"  :wub:

Someday I'll get moved further out.  It'll be at least a year.

Pues, donde estoy, me queda bien chocha! 

10 minutes ago, Jabonera said:

Sounds nice, Vetteforron!

I'm a desert rat not used to living in towns at all.  Most of the places I have lived, I can have my coffee on the porch in the morning & not a single light could be seen besides my own.  It feels a bit like I'm living in a bee hive - surrounded by busy people going about their lives.  Hearing the carpool arrive for the lady next door...  There's a whole rhythm to it.

Today, family from this street & others nearby arrived early to swarm on mama across the street & get her day off to a good start...  :D  They sang to her & clapped & all that - then started breakfast.  Noise was not annoying, tho.  I just thot - "how sweet!"  :wub:

Someday I'll get moved further out.  It'll be at least a year.

Pues, donde estoy, me queda bien chocha! 

I also lived in the pueblo and enjoyed the early morning birthday wake ups. I have been to all the fiestas in the plazas. I have reached the time when I just want to work at my nursing homes then return to my porch with my porch TV and a good bottle bottle of wine my dog and watch the grass grow. Love my life here.

Hah!  You sound like me.

Front porch coffee at 5, sundown at... sundown.  :D

When I don't see or hear anyone - good day.jpg

16 hours ago, LakeViews said:

I think Xena might be correct about repetition, learning and getting used to things.   I had a home where the driveway was narrow and steep.  I was frightened of that driveway for the first few weeks then it soon became easy and care free.   Here with the topes in a Honda Civic there was a bit of anxiety early on, which disappeared when we learned where the topes were and further eased when we bought a SUV with ample vertical clearance.   Now topes in our known area are not a concern whatsoever.   Outside our known area it is a pain in the a#$ when the topes seem to pop up out of no where.   Nice observation, Xena.

Thanks, LakeView. I think we got something here. The road between Jocotepec and Ajijic is your known area, including the topes. For the rest of us they seem to pop up out of nowhere. I go to Jocotepec every few months, usually for the bacon sandwich at Rincon de Frida and his delicious fried potatoes. For that I will always deal with the topes! 

1 hour ago, Xena said:

Thanks, LakeView. I think we got something here. The road between Jocotepec and Ajijic is your known area, including the topes. For the rest of us they seem to pop up out of nowhere. I go to Jocotepec every few months, usually for the bacon sandwich at Rincon de Frida and his delicious fried potatoes. For that I will always deal with the topes! 

You probably know this, but just in case, Fridas is moving in June.  The new location will be at the El Pescador hotel on the carretera Ajijic-Jocotepec on the East side of town.  The hotel is about 100 meters on the right past the first Pemex in Joco on the East side of town.  If you hit the first street light in Joco coming from Ajijic, then you missed it.

3 hours ago, vetteforron said:

I have lived lakeside for close to 17 years and over 12 In Jocotepec. I love it. I live in the second part of Roca Azul. Very isolated and quiet. No neighbors.  Faster for me to get Costco and other good shopping than driving to Ajijic or Chapala.

Roca Azul is definitely one of the largely undiscovered local gems in this area.  The grounds and pools are wonderful!  Makes me want to get another RV and go live there.

1 hour ago, Kiko said:

You probably know this, but just in case, Fridas is moving in June.  The new location will be at the El Pescador hotel on the carretera Ajijic-Jocotepec on the East side of town.  The hotel is about 100 meters on the right past the first Pemex in Joco on the East side of town.  If you hit the first street light in Joco coming from Ajijic, then you missed it.

Thanks, Kiko. I did know this and am looking forward to it. I could not have given such clear directions to the new place though so thank you for that. 

Those speed bumps in the roads.  NOB they are usually found only in parking lots. 

I think they are also referred to as "silent speed cops" or something to that effect.  Unfortunately, there is little attention paid to speed limits here.  These force people to slow down.

Archived