Chapala.com Webboard

Guad airport to Ajijic

Walk into the airport lobby from immigration/security to the taxi counter inside the building. Purchase a ticket to Ajijic, then walk out to the front of the airport and hand that ticket to the agent who then assigns the taxi for you. Load up and you are on your way.

We usually just grab a cab at the airport. There are drivers from Ajijic that will come pick you up but with flight delays, slow lines in the airport or any other delays they might have to wait a while. Cabs always available - $420 pesos a few weeks ago - and we always tip the driver although some people do not.

The taxi drivers know the way to Ajijic but don't typically know their way around town at all so be sure you have clear directions - and having them in Spanish will help.

13 hours ago, Bandol said:

Is your question serious Rick?  Here it is a sitio.

Yes it was a serious question but had it explained to me... but thanks.  Maybe a 'rank' is common terminology in Britain and maybe Canada? but I've not heard it before in the US (south and west). Taxi Stand, yes, Taxi Rank no.

Thanks again.

I never heard of rank before either.  mid Atlantic, USA

To get to the OXXO exit the terminal.

Turn right and then cross at the crosswalk.

Turn right on the other side and walk inside alongside the wall or fence.

You will see the OXXO on your left a short distance up.

Pay the porter who meets you at the exit from customs to go with you and he will take care of moving your luggage.

Question.  Do you have to call Uber from the OXXO or do they just stop there waiting for a fare?

Airport cab. Get your luggage outside the terminal door. No walking or lugging it down the street, across the street, etc. Just point and the taxi driver puts it in the trunk, holds your door open and you are on your way. No waiting and trying to figure out if Uber is there or which vehicle it is. Yup, costs a few bucks more. Big deal. Convenience is worth it to me.

Archived