Chapala.com Webboard

Good honest realtor

Herman

I'd happily recommend

She can be reached   Sorry Irish girl this is one of the moderators deleting your recommendation. It's a no no here

As you may know The Chapala Forum is funded by Coldwell Banker Chapala Realty. And we the posters have been requested not to post real estate recommendations on this forum

Welcome to the Chapala Forum Herman.  We are funded by a real estate company, Coldwell Banker Chapala Realty.  We are no allowed to recommend agents on his forum. We must stay neutral and only talk about real estate in general terms. I have therefor had to delete the information entered by Iris Girl.  I am sorry Irish Girl, but those are the rules here

22 minutes ago, Herman said:

Can someone recommend a realtor that we can trust for a purchase of a Mexican property? We are from the US and have heard some horror stories. Gracias!

New to the area, are you? Do yourself the biggest favor of your lives and DO NOT buy until you have lived here for a while.... like at least a year.....getting to know the different areas, their "goods" and "bads"  in your opinions (which could differ from the next person's), and many different aspects of each that will save you making a very expensive mistake.

Due diligence is a must with a qualified attorney to check things out before the sale.  There are issues with potential clouds on title and capital gains which can come to haunt you down the road and while many involved want to get the deal done, that doesn't mean that there will not be potential liability down the road. 

A common practice is to put 10% down and rarely are contingencies placed in contracts.  Sure notaries check the title but at the very end where there is pressure from the sellers to sell, agents to collect their commission and the notary wants their fee and by that time many people have put 10% down and the desire not to lose the 10% makes them risk the other 90%. 

A good agent will know prices and value and who the crappy builders are and problematic areas.  A good attorney will know red flags and pitfalls when reviewing the sellers documents as well as potential future liability.

Go on FB and look for gringos at Lakeside page or Expats in Mexico page etc. You can ask anything on FB pages.

Like everywhere horror stories abound.  I am sure there are many honest realtors here and hope few not so. 

>>>>  ::::::  is an honest realtor, the family has been here for decades. Does this post get deleted? If so, we should all think about a new website!!

I am sorry JayBearll . I am a volunteer here and I too think highly of the person you mentioned but we have got to follow the rules. I greatly appreciate your posts and hope you decide to continue posting

Moderator5

2 hours ago, Intercasa said:

Due diligence is a must with a qualified attorney to check things out before the sale.  There are issues with potential clouds on title and capital gains which can come to haunt you down the road and while many involved want to get the deal done, that doesn't mean that there will not be potential liability down the road. 

A common practice is to put 10% down and rarely are contingencies placed in contracts.  Sure notaries check the title but at the very end where there is pressure from the sellers to sell, agents to collect their commission and the notary wants their fee and by that time many people have put 10% down and the desire not to lose the 10% makes them risk the other 90%. 

A good agent will know prices and value and who the crappy builders are and problematic areas.  A good attorney will know red flags and pitfalls when reviewing the sellers documents as well as potential future liability.

The above is the best advice you will ever get. Find yourself an attorney who feels right to you first. He/she will be invaluable with a large range of questions you will have. They surely know of honest agents and should be able to give you several names to interview. The advice to rent for at least a year is also good.

Best of luck.

13 hours ago, JayBearII said:

>>>>> ::::: is an honest realtor, the family has been here for decades. Does this post get deleted? If so, we should all think about a new website!!

Just post the new name so we can all register.

Someone paying for a new board is a true asset.

Thank you!

Archived